Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Key Responsibilities
1.Superior Knowledge of Manufacturability / Producibility practices specific to at least 4 of the following: sheet metal, machined parts, frames, machine plastic, fabricated plastic, assemblies, and complex machine parts..
Detail orientation/analytical methodology
2.Help set strategic direction for product cost engineering organization. Develop models. Design and participate in certification process. Mentor junior engineers.
Lead Negotiations with suppliers when their current or quoted pricing is 12% above our "should cost".
3.Perform technical calculations on highly complex BTP parts and assemblies to determine a fair and acceptable price for both Applied Materials and our suppliers
4.Evaluate and implement additional cost reduction ideas to further reduce the part cost below our "should cost" and present these to the DE's (DFx)
Advise the suppliers (when needed) with alternative manufacturing methods / procedural changes to lower cost and increase quality.
5.Able to analyze manufacturing processes of a sub-assembly/part and generate process steps. Expert knowledge of latest manufacturing processes. Able to judge cost effective manufacturing process and to provide recommendations to suppliers
6.Superior knowledge of GD&T standards for proper application. Able to explain to suppliers how to interpret.
Expert understanding of secondary processes and packaging requirements.
7.Expert communication skills to work with cross functional teams like Materials/Mfg./Quality/Suppliers are a must.
Project Management expertise ; independently manage complex projects
8.Influence sourcing organization on selecting the best supplier based on the part's feature, size, and material to match the supplier's core competency. (Putting the right part in the right supplier at the right price)
Complexity -highly complex BTP parts and complex assemblies ; $1500 - $5,000 Functional Knowledge
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.