Description Intuit's Legal Compliance & Policy team is tasked with building, protecting and expanding Intuit's competitive advantage and customer experience. We intelligently manage risk, shaping strategy to drive better business decisions for our internal and external environment. Responsibilities:
Working as a member of the Legal Team's Product Center of Excellence, you will be responsible for partnering with multiple innovative product teams around the world to ensure that Intuit's products are structured to achieve our strategy while complying with applicable regulations in multiple jurisdictions. You will partner closely with product management, business development, engineering, design, marketing, compliance and operations teams.
You will provide legal advice and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including data privacy and protection, mobile, product liability, intellectual property and regulatory compliance. Many of these matters will be in the FinTech sector, including payments, lending, and tax. You may structure, draft, negotiate and advise upon various complex transactions with minimal direction and supervision.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of regulations in the financial services sector, including FCRA, state lending and payments laws, TILA, and have experience reviewing and advising on advertising and marketing. Qualifications
- At least 5-7 years of experience primarily advising technology companies
- Significant breadth of knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible: data privacy and protection, IP, mobile and cloud computing, competition law, and technology licensing
- Experience navigating regulations related to financial services
- Demonstrated ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Experience providing legal support on a global scale
- Ability to communicate with business partners about regulatory obligations and risk management processes
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to produce clear and succinct written legal analysis and business communications, and counsel and manage clients, including senior management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with and lead change with senior executive leaders at Intuit
- Ability to effectively frame issues to drive strategic thinking and execution
- Comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity, and thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions
- Excellent teaching and training skills
- Excellent driver and project manager
- Excellent business acumen
- Experience in-house preferred
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one US State Bar
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
State Government Relations Manager - Eastern Region See More…
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.