Job ResponsibilitiesLooking for a career you'll really love? At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of pets!
PetSmart is looking for passionate interns to work in our corporate Product Design department for the summer of 2018. If you've ever wondered what it's like to design a collection of products for a Fortune 500 retailer - now's your chance to find out!
As the foundation for all of PetSmart's operations, associates at our Phoenix Home Office (PHO) thrive in a collaborative culture where being the trusted partner to parents and pets in every moment of their lives is priority number one.
But we're not just smart about pets; we're smart about people too. PHO associates have the opportunity to build relationships in a fun, inclusive environment focused on caring for each other, our customers, and the communities we work and live in. From taking part in leadership workshops to volunteering at the local animal shelter, everything we do aims to help bring pet parents closer to their pets so that they can live more fulfilled lives.
Sound like something that would get your tail wagging? Then come join our team this summer as a PHO Product Design Intern!What will you do?
What's in it for you?
- Learn from the best. Experience the Product Design function of the leading pet specialty retailer firsthand as you work cross-functionally with Product Development and Buying to conceptualize and design products that address project strategies.
- Leave your "paw" print. Every PetSmart intern is assigned a project that is designed to make a true impact on the business.
- Collaborate. Build relationships with a group of diverse-minded, fun, and inclusive teammates.
- Strut your stuff. During final presentation week, interns are invited to present the results of their projects to everyone from their managers to their most senior department leaders.
- Grow and develop. As an intern, you'll have access to in-person and online learning and development opportunities exclusive to PetSmart associates.
- Make memories. Take part in several fun experiences and teambuilding opportunities with both your intern class and fellow PetSmart associates.
- Make a difference! Volunteer with your fellow interns during the annual "PetSmart Interns Give Back" day.
What will you need?
- Take advantage of the one-on-one support of a dedicated mentor who's been in your shoes.
- Connect and socialize with other PetSmart associates early in their career as part of the StartSmart associate resource group.
- Get comfortable while you do your best work here! PHO associates enjoy a jeans casual dress code every day of the week.
- Did we mention you can bring your pet to work with you every day? From our Oops! cleanup stations to our on-site dog park we're sure your pet will love it here!
- While you're here, take advantage of the many amenities at our Phoenix Home Office including an on-site café, gym, and daycare, Starbucks® Coffee Cart, dry-cleaning, and copy/shipping services.
What are you waiting for?
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or other related discipline, on track to graduate between December 2018 and May 2019.
- Fundamental design concepts and visual presentation skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and knowledge in retail market trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to produce work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Previous retail industry experience is always a plus!
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is required.
- Proficiency in 3d CAD software is a plus.
Apply today and use your passion for pets to jumpstart your career! For more information on opportunities with PetSmart, visit us at careers.petsmart.com , like our Facebook page or connect with us on LinkedIn !PetSmart, Inc.
was founded in 1987 in Phoenix, Arizona and has become the leading provider of products, services, and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. PetSmart currently employs over 52,000 associates and operates more than 1,500 stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. In addition, the company operates over 200 in-store PetsHotel dog and cat boarding facilities and Doggie Day Camps, and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information.
Since 1994, the company has partnered with PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent, nonprofit organization that creates and supports programs that save the lives of homeless pets. As the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, PetSmart Charities has provided more than $245 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare agencies. In addition, its in-store adoption program has helped save the lives of over 6 million pets!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetics, and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage applicants of all ages, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.