Product Designer, Commercial Digital Innovation
As a Product Designer on the Commercial Digital Innovation Team, you will work closely with other designers, strategists, developers, product managers, business analysts and data scientists to further our understanding of how people and commercial businesses interact with their money – you will identify opportunities for change, ideate on concepts, advocate for the needs of our customers, and lead design from empathy to iteration to deliver human-centered solutions to our associates and commercial customers.
About the role:
Product Designers at Capital One have a passion for solving complex problems. They are human-centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset. They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach. They are able to contribute as a designer from end-to-end on projects, which means they are comfortable as researchers, data scientists, strategists, and designers. They employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
- Present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners
- Be a leader and mentor; you’ll challenge, grow and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
- At least 3 years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- Master’s Degree in Design
- 7+ years of experience with user experience (UX) design
- 7+ years of experience designing digital products or omni-channel services
- 3+ years of experience with Information Architecture (IA)
- 3+ years of experience creating prototypes
- Front-End Development knowledge
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.