Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
We are seeking a self-motivated and driven Product Development Consultant who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of the team responsible for the Creative Development and Management of Individual Products for MetLife Direct.
As a Product Development Consultant you will be support existing products and actively engage in the creative development of new and innovative simple products.
MetLife Direct is committed to putting the customer at the center of everything we do by making the insurance acquisition process easier for customers to purchase and understand. As such, our product strategy is heavily focused on creating the next generation of simple products that meet the needs of our customers in the direct space.
- Collaborates with the Director of Individual Products to develop and implement innovative and strategic plans to drive top and bottom line premium and profitability results for MetLife Direct Individual Products
- Partners closely with the Product Team to evaluate competitors in support of existing business as well as participate in the creative process for New Product Development
- Support cross-functional partnerships across the business to include: Marketing, Pricing, Retention, Finance, Operations and Legal/Compliance to facilitate existing product management & new product development initiatives
- Compiles project reports to improve results and increase efficiency including trend analysis, project status, escalation logs, etc.
- Provides project management support, to include coordination of meetings, meeting minutes and project follow-ups
- The right candidate must be able to envision success before it’s visible on the horizon
- Must be passionate and driven to create and collaborate extensively across the business in an effort to optimize efficiencies with a unified approach.
- Ability to adapt well to ambiguity and changing priorities
- Ability to envision creative solutions and drive implementation using innovative processes
- Strong project management skills
- Organizational and time-management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables at varying stages in a dynamic environment
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3-5 years relevant professional experience
- Conceptual, analytical, and independent thinker
- High-level knowledge of the various functional areas of the insurance industry to include underwriting, sales, claims, and pricing
- Strong collaborator with sound business judgment demonstrating the ability to multitask an a high-paced environment
- Ability to build partnerships with other departments across the enterprise and work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- MS Access and Visio are a plus
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54121