- Project objectives and plans developed and aligned cross functionally prior to initiation of work.
- Provide technical guidance and bench development for targeted development initiatives and existing brands.
- Experimental designs and scientific principles leveraged in recommendations and decisions.
- Ensure completion of development and commercialization success criteria in execution of project work through use of accepted documentation and work processes.
- Final products meet project objectives and commercial considerations/needs outlined in Stage gate policies
- Provide project management insight that creates the foundation for innovative solutions in supporting business partners.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across R&D and non R&D functions as necessary to support business growth initiatives.
- Critical relationships internal and external to R&D established and maintained.
- Develop superior new products that meet the project deliverables, and/or contribute to the creation and execution of a stronger non-carbonated beverage strategy.
- Development leverages sound technical approaches and meet project/program action standards.
- B.S. or M.S. with at least 8-10 years combined education and previous experience in product design in a consumer products company with a proven track record in product development.
- Experience with low acid beverages product development (dairy, coffee) is preferred.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on both strategic and tactical aspects of projects.
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of emerging consumer trends.
- Proven track record in maintaining good working relationship with business partners (Marketing, Operations, etc.).
- Influence project teams of 5 or more people with successful creation and commercialization of products.
- Successful creation and commercialization of consumer products.
- Travel required (US and International) - estimate 10 -20%
Eligible for Standard Relocation