Product Development Engineer Entry Level Job Description
At Intel, we constantly push the boundaries of innovation to make people's lives more exciting, more fulfilling and easier to manage. Our platform groups develop technology that makes life richer and more convenient for everyone it touches. As a product development engineer, you will work on projects that have real impact on people's lives and on our high-tech world.
Our product development starts with rigorous analysis in the component feasibility stage and continues through production ramp. You'll participate with global teams in the evaluation, development and debug of complex test methods. You'll contribute to all phases of the test process to help us quickly determine product viability, ensuring a smooth process and a quality product.
You will work with the product team at both pre-silicon and post-silicon stages of the manufacturing process:
- During the pre-silicon phase, you will define, document, and perform Design for Testing (DFT) functionality validation.
- You will develop test methodology to check product features, write test plans for modules, script to improve test efficiency, evaluate content generation, assess program generation and validation, and develop small test hardware.
- During post-silicon phases, you will perform test program and content debug. You will validate the accuracy of feature testing. And you will apply functional, structural, and parametric testing and test characterization.
- You will work closely with the designer to execute and improve test coverage.
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- strong analytical mind with problem solving skills
- ability to work independently and manage stakeholders
- ability to deal with ambiguity in defining activities and direction
- passion for the job
- high motivation with a strong work ethic
- good planning skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
You must meet the qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work, class course work, research, relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. Upon applying for this opportunity, you will also be considered for other similar opportunities available.Qualifications
Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.Inside this Business Group
Intel makes possible the most amazing experiences of the future. You may know us for our processors. But we do so much more. Intel invents at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth. Harnessing the capability of the cloud, the ubiquity of the Internet of Things, the latest advances in memory and programmable solutions, and the promise of always-on 5G connectivity, Intel is disrupting industries and solving global challenges. Leading on policy, diversity, inclusion, education and sustainability, we create value for our stockholders, customers, and society.Other Locations
US, Ohio, Hudson; US, California, Los Angeles; US, California, Santa Clara; US, California, Folsom; US, Arizona, Phoenix; US, Texas, Austin; US, California, San Jose; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.