- Review existing system entries and documentation to discern current in market formulations and assess formulations for adherence to relevant regulations and PepsiCo standards.
- Update legacy formulations to PV 5.0 standards. Insure formulas are safe, stable and legal.
- Ability to perform and document laboratory work to support documentation verification
- Implementation and maintenance of stability testing, and scale-ups for commercialization if required
- Possess basic technical foundation of ingredient functionality and potential interactions
- Ability to conduct experiments, analyze data and make recommendations to address technical challenges
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, including timely and accurate documentation of work in laboratory notebooks; actively communicates status of research.
- Demonstrates ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to reach project objectives
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex systems to deliver quality documentation
- Ability to research and piece together data from various sources and draw accurate conclusions regarding current formulations in the marketplace
- Ability to assess and organize large amounts of data
- Ability to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and master formulation norms
- Ability to communicate results in an organized fashion
- Ability to self initiate and manage multiple project tasks and organize and maintain data
- Ability to communicate and highlight risks
The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience with PV desired.
- Excellent technical writing acumen
- Strong laboratory skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to collect, organize and communicate data
- Strong communication/presentation skills (verbal and written)
In addition, the following capabilities will be essential to success in the job:
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding time management, self-motivation and ability to work reliably with minimal supervision
- B.S. in Food Science or related discipline or Masters in Food Science or related discipline a plus
- 1-2 years' experience in product development or Quality Control / Quality Assurance a plus
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.