Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
Panasonic is creating a new user experience platform. The position will perform product management function from the initial seed process to ultimately product output to drive positive outcomes and results.
Drive cross-functional teams (engineering, software architecture, product design, business analysts) to deliver high-quality products on-time
- Hold regular meetings with engineering to communicate product vision & strategy
- Sync with product design to create early prototypes, wireframes, and work flows for engineering
- Work with business managers to define the market opportunity and competitive landscape
- Facilitate Go/No Go review and decision meetings for all projects
Be the voice of the customer within the company
- Collect and clearly understand customer requirements.
- Translate customer needs into use cases for the engineering team with detailed specifications, functionality, & requirements
- Continually vet the roadmap direction to ensure competitiveness, as well as market/client alignment
- Ensure client sign off approvals are maintained for all necessary phases of client projects.
Manage contract engineering firms to keep high quality projects on time and within budget
- Identify, engage, and close contracts with third party vendors as needed
- Maintain superb communications between Panasonic, contract engineering firms, and clients by holding regular status reviews and correspondence
Understand product P&L and business models (note: this will be more involved as the product matures.
- Help develop pricing strategy for each product
- Understand the levers that drive costs in each product solution
- Monitor the overall top line revenue and bottom line profitability of each product
- Know the state of each business at all times so you can react quickly and put measures in place to correct course when needed
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience :
- BS/BA in technical field or business required, MBA preferred
- 5 years of experience in software, solution, or services product management required, including working knowledge of Software Defined UI devices.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Experience managing contract engineering projects
- Experience taking products from inception to launch
- Specific experience in Cloud Devices and Smart Homes needed.
- Interact with partners, customers, and prospects to define use case driven PRDs with detailed specifications
- Failing fast and failing forward through prototyping solutions based on customer feedback
- Scrutinize and weigh project tradeoffs including development schedule, costs, and features
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly make decisions and influence stakeholders across organizational boundaries
- Expertise in driving strategic goals in concert with tactical realities
- Ability to work with large external customers and partners
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, both domestically and internationally.
Other Requirements :
- 10% travel
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic Silicon Valley Laboratory is leading research in the convergence of user interfaces, sensing, cloud services and networking technologies to develop the next generation of Panasonic products. The laboratory focuses on developing new concepts and user experiences through rapid prototyping and collaboration with the best-in-class research in Silicon Valley.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.