Product Development Principal Engineer/Manager - CS17 - Austin, TX
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000WFE
Product Development Principal Engineer/Manager - Austin, TX (16000WFE)
The Precision Workstation team is looking for a Product Development Engineer/Manager that will be responsible for the design and development activities associated with workstation products. You will serves as a central resource for all aspects of the engineering solution and coordinate activities across the engineering extended teams. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
- Responsible for managing the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release
- Evaluates technical options and represents business requirements to the engineering organization through responses to the market requirement documents and detailed functional specifications
- Acts as primary point of contact and coordinates Development and Test resources to successfully release new products on time and within budget
- Develops the engineering schedule in coordination with the engineering extended teams and Core Team and executes to meet program requirements
- Drives cross functional engineering solutions and algorithms
- Drives the initial triage, debug, and resolution of engineering defects and drives enhancements to the products
- Works directly with the core team members: PM, marketing, service, sales, operations, quality, and finance to bring the product(s) to market
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- BSEE/BSCS and 8 years of relevant experience or MSEE/MSCS and 6 years of relevant experience
- Extensive x86 system engineering experience in either the development of computer systems through an ODM relationship or through direct systems engineering development experience
- Strong ability in organizing and managing multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines; Ability to drive cross-functional development efforts through conception, planning, implementation, and sustaining
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation
- Strong knowledge of Workstation hardware architecture and systems; Thorough understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products, and competitor's offerings
- Experience with system hardware in a design, development, test, or equivalent role that requires detailed analysis and debug of issues, leading to root cause identification and resolution
- Ability to analyze options for critical design elements and features and determines optimum selection
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
**Job:** **Engineering - Product Development Manager (IC)*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Product Development Principal Engineer/Manager - CS17 - Austin, TX*
**Requisition ID:** *16000WFE*