Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America (PESNA), a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, provides a full range of energy efficiency building solutions, including assembly tools, construction tools, heating & air conditioning, solar panels and ventilation products for professional and industrial use. In Interbrand’s 2013 Annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report.
Currently, PESNA has an immediate opening for a Product Development Project Leader.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Evaluate and assess competitive products and new trends; identify gaps and opportunities.
- Develop project definitions, product design requirements agreements, business plans/business cases, project plans and budgets.
- Coordinate/delegate technical and administrative responsibilities, identifying critical action items and driving the team to achieve project milestones.
- Provide marketing with content to create external message and product positioning including product sheets, presentations, product demos, white papers, sales support tools.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with in-house Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, Purchasing, Business Development, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs as well as with outside consultants, testing facilities and vendors
- Communicate with management on project status, through presentations and verbal and written reports and schedules; prepare and deliver presentations for Go/No-Go project gate reviews.
- Maintain or enhance status in fields of expertise through:
- Continuing education
- Professional associations
- Visits to the field #LI-GW1
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Min. two years of experience in leading the development of new products. Strong background in HVAC or building materials industry preferred.
- Min. BA/BS degree in engineering or science (MS preferred)
- PDMA certified New Product Development Professional (NPDP), PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP) required. Experience with Stage-Gate or Gated Product development process highly preferred. Experience in leading projects on critical timelines and experience with current innovation techniques preferred. Competencies:
- A full understanding of the requirements of new product development from concept to launch; familiar with working within a formal product development process (e.g. Stage-Gate, Phase-Gate, etc.)
- Effective project management skills (i.e. project scheduling, resource allocations, risk management, etc...); demonstrated ability to lead/manage/work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, conscientious and solid work ethic
- Strong, disciplined, decisive, business oriented, leader
- Innovative; customer focused
- Proactive; action and results oriented; operates with a sense of urgency
- Positive attitude; embraces new learning and self-improvement.
- Sound business acumen.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PPT, Project)
- Familiar with basic statistical techniques.
- Comfortable with change, and ability to lead change. Communications:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills; ability to promote team interaction and team motivation.
- Proven ability to communicate with different functions of the organization, different levels of staff, colleagues in overseas and external partners Other Requirements:
- At least 6 months of training will be coordinated by the New Jersey Office with visits to the San Diego office, along with the US sales channels with our sales team and Indoor Air Quality Team.
- Travel to San Diego and New Jersey (if remote) required throughout the year for all major meetings and events.
- Some additional domestic travel may be required in total to meetings, trade shows, events and customer locations (total travel expectancy 20% if in New Jersey and 30% if working remote.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required. Willingness to attend/learn current building techniques and best practices in the fields of : ventilation, solar, HVAC and Green Building. To Sum It Up:
Consistent with the Panasonic Eco Solution’s new product development process and in support of the new product strategy, this position will lead and manage cross functional teams in the conception, development, and commercialization of new products to achieve product quality, time-to-market, and profitability objectives.
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.