We are always interested in hearing from talented Product Development Scientists. Lead with us as you manage and lead small and medium projects and assist on large projects to develop and introduce new products, improve product quality, productivity and capacity in operations worldwide. Engage with us as you impact our success as a technical resource to various functions within the company and provide high impact support to project teams. Innovate with us as you develop and refine food products from idea generation through proof of concept to commercialization.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Product Development Scientist, you will be part of our success by:
• Providing innovative, timely and cost effective improvements, concepts, developments or scientific insight and understanding with respect to new or existing products or processes worldwide
• Assuming the role of innovator, project leader, and technical problem solver as you team with cross-functional partners including other Developers, QA, Innovation Marketing, Marketing Research, and Manufacturing
• Developing, organizing, managing, and coordinating projects while increasing level of understanding of products, processes, and methods.
• Being actively involved in innovation/renovation/cost optimization activities including process development, product formulation, design of unique unit operations and plant start-ups
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Research and Development, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor or Masters of Science Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field
• Knowledge of ingredient functionality, food science, and consumer insights to design of new products and formulations
• Manage projects, plan and coordinate project activities, communicate progress and challenges, and be a technical expert
• Have flexibility to work beyond normal workday hours, shift work, and some weekends. Operation of process equipment is required
• Leadership, cost consciousness, communication skills, and diplomacy that will promote good relations with all facets of worldwide management and other technical and scientific disciplines in the effective execution of projects
• Function effectively as a Project Team Member and Technical Expert
• Internship in food related field
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
• Traveling to manufacturing or test facilities 25-40% of the time
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: