This position in the Sensory & Consumer Product Insights (SCPI) group supports North America and Global Beverages. SCPI is part of the Global R&D organization. The candidate will help design integrated learning plans working with Marketing Insights and Product Development following established protocols and manage the R&D portion of that plan. The position will be located in Valhalla, NY
- Lead sensory and consumer research to support innovation, brand stewardship, productivity and discovery research initiatives. Work in partnership with R&D, business teams, Strategic Insights and suppliers to design and lead appropriate research to build learning, advance product knowledge and meet the business objectives.
- Design compelling research plans, determine appropriate research methodologies, coordinate tests, analyze and interpret experimental data, provide technical recommendations. Deliver results orally, and with written reports to enable clear product, process and pack design decisions.
- Develop new tools, approaches, methods and points of view to enable faster and more informed R&D decisions
- Be a driving influence to communicate value of research. Elevate SCPI capability and output in the area of consumer product research.
- M.S. or Ph.D.: Major in Food Science (thesis in Sensory), Consumer Psychology or closely related discipline, with a minimum of 6 years experience in a Sensory & Consumer Research position in a major consumer packaged goods company preferably experience in food or beverage product development, or commensurate experience at PepsiCo
- Proven ability to design, analyze and interpret sensory and consumer findings into implications and actionable results that refine product, brand and business strategies
- Ability to consult and work with cross-functional teams, translate business objectives to research objectives
- Expert knowledge of discrimination, descriptive and consumer test methods
- Deep experience in quantitative and qualitative consumer research methods for new products
- Working knowledge of consumer research tools and techniques
- Ability to apply experimental design and multivariate statistics to sensory research, preferably with proven skills in Excel, R, SAS and/or Minitab.
- Ability to interpret complex data and relate impact on the business
- Ability to lead multiple (5 or more) projects simultaneously
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.