At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Development Specialist for the Electrical Markets Division (EMD) Laboratory located in Austin, TX. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Product Development Specialist
will work with the development team to create new-to-the-world products to address the global underground asset locating and marking business area. 3M is seeking a highly motivated software programmer/architect experienced in systems integration. In this position, the candidate will work with development teams to identify next generation products by solving real-world problems focused on asset management and data integration to global information systems. Product development will be focused on design of signal analysis algorithms, systems integration, data analysis, reporting, and storage. The developed solutions should build upon 3M products and technologies and improve the business unit's market share in this market segment. The candidate should be able to identify, lead, and direct a product development program in collaboration with a cross-functional team, potentially including outsource research services.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and champion new and modified products to address the global needs of underground asset locating and marking
- Lead development programs and teams to implement needed product modifications, improvements, and innovation to advance 3M's position in the global locating and marking space
- Be responsible for software development, hardware and software integration to improve product capabilities
- Product understanding, programming, and systems integration
- Implements and leads design and development strategies
- Identifies market and technology trends that maintain a market-leading position
- Supports customer engagement for identifying use cases, needs, trends and provides support for customer installation and application development engineering
- Develop technical documentation to support proper use of systems
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Experience working in real-time operating systems for embedded systems
- Minimum of seven (7) years of combined software experience in embedded architecture, design and/or development
Location: Austin, TXTravel: May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is not authorized
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience working in real-time operating systems for embedded systems involving sensors and integrating and optimizing complex software and hardware
- Minimum of ten (10) years in software development using C, C++ with system development and integration (e.g. device drivers, digital signal processing algorithms, interrupt handlers, etc.)
- Experience interacting with regulators and/or standards bodies
- Experience using or developing electrical sensors and algorithms
- Experience interacting with customers for training, troubleshooting, and development information
- Experience leading a cross-functional team including external development resources
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation) and capability to gather key development objectives from stakeholders
- Experience with software version control documentation
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.