At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Development Specialist for the Transportation Safety Division (TSD) Laboratory located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Product Development Specialist
will have the opportunity to grow 3M's Transportation Safety business by leading product development programs using Agile and/or Scrum methodology. You will be responsible for Scrum implementation and new product development team leadership as well as technical contributions to the team. Initial product areas will include materials and systems for digital printing of traffic signs and license plates. For additional information, please visit:
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads multi-disciplinary Agile product teams through the new product development and commercialization process
- Communicates project/program status to stakeholders
- Interacts with customers to maximize value of product development efforts
- Participates in developing technical solutions for complex new product programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of new product development experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience leading product development projects
- Master's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry or related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience in product development of integrated hardware/software/materials systems
- Knowledge of 3M's New Product Development (NPI) process (applies to internal applicants only)
- Experience with product development from concept through launch
- Knowledge of Agile and/or Scrum product development
- Experience leading global cross-functional teams
- Experience completing projects in a highly-matrixed global environment
- Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office proficient
May include up to 10 % domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.