At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Development Specialist for the Automotive Aftermarket Division located in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Product Development Specialist will lead and support major new product introduction programs in the Paint and Finish business unit of the Automotive Aftermarket Division, with a focus on developing new product platforms in Paint Application Systems.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing, implementing, and integrating new technology platforms to fundamentally improve existing products and develop new Class 4 and 5 products.
- Implementing a rigorous combination of computational fluid dynamics, visualization, and experimental verification to support and guide new product and platform development projects.
- Working with customers to identify market trends and customer needs to build a healthy new product pipeline.
- Building product and technology roadmaps and intellectual property plans.
- Collaborating freely across functions (development, marketing, manufacturing) to ensure ultimate project success.
- Is a self-starter in identifying what is critical to the success of the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of product or technology development experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering (with an emphasis on fluid mechanics) from an accredited university
- Experience with both theoretical and experimental product development and prototyping
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
May include up to 10%Relocation:
Is not authorized About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $ 30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.