Apply technical expertise to develop internal ingredient specifications capturing the quality and functionality required to manufacture beverages globally. Leverage internal and external resources to develop ingredient specifications that are clear, concise, and meet PepsiCo quality standards. Qualifications/Requirements Job Accountabilities:
- Develop and write technical ingredient specifications in cooperation with outside suppliers and internal support groups
- Partner with product developers to align on and manage realistic, achievable timelines that meet project needs and manage appropriate communication
- Maintain and update ingredient specifications for accountable ingredients
- Manage and maintain all quality testing, test records and related documentation for vendor sites and locations and insure all required documents are available in PepsiCo databases.
- Coordinate testing with internal and outside laboratories in partnership with ingredient subject matter experts and analytical team
- Accurate documentation of work in laboratory notebooks and other electronic systems and databases; actively communicates status of initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to reach project objectives
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex systems and processes to deliver quality specifications
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with internal partners and across divisions
- Ability to communicate results in an organized fashion
- Ability to self initiate, manage multiple project tasks and communicate status through maintenance of tracking logs
- Ability to communicate and highlight risks
The successful candidate will be experienced in technical aspects of the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
In addition, the following capabilities will be essential to success in the job:
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet. Prior experience with PV desired.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including protection of intellectual property and excellent technical writing acumen
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong team player
Education & Experience:
- Ability to provide thought leadership on resolution of both technical and business process challenges both internally and with Vendors
- Outstanding time management, self-motivation and ability to work reliably with minimal supervision
Other Job Requirements:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Food Science or related field (MS preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in Research & Development, Analytical or Measurement Sciences and/or Commercial Quality Control / Quality Assurance.
- Experience in food / beverage / ingredient research and development desired
- Field Travel may be required, up to 5%.
Not Eligible for Relocation