DePuy Synthes Spine, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Product Director, Spine Marketing, to join the North American region marketing team. This position will be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The principal duties and responsibilities for the Product Director include, but are not limited to:
• Commercial Results - Achieve business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price on an annual basis. Manage expenses within budget. Increase company’s leadership position in spine market.
• Product Launch - Leading and executing impactful product launches including the development of brand strategy, price strategy, promotional plan, product training plan (salesforce & surgeons), product forecasting, inventory roll-out plan, sales tools, etc. Lead coordination with Franchise Marketing teams and other key stakeholders. Responsibilities may also include deployment of launch initiatives as a result of internal and external strategic alliances.
• Brand Strategy - Contribute to the development of brand strategies for products, services, programs and other key initiatives, including establishment of value proposition, targeting & segmentation, positioning, product launch and lifecycle management.
• Business Insights - Stay connected with market needs through frequent interaction with customers (co-travel with sales consultants, attendance at industry meetings, review medical journals, etc.). Contribute input and key regional insights to multigenerational portfolio plans aligned to company strategy.
• Business Planning & Execution - Work closely with team to develop business plans related to area of focus (i.e. business segment, product, region, etc.). Collaborate with other functional areas to execute plan. Apply understanding of the sales process to develop well positioned market messaging that can drive customer behavior. Partner with the sales force and field marketing to effectively deploy. Ensure the field sales team has necessary support and resources from the Marketing team
• General Business Support - Develop strong relationships with surgeon customers and key targets. Partner with Professional Education & Tradeshow groups to build promotional plans around key events and provide on-site support. Partner closely with Franchise Marketing and Sales Teams to gather input on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product and company strategy. Be responsive in responding to requests from customers and sales consultants. Work collaboratively with functional areas and Strategic Partners to ensure business issues are addressed.
• A minimum of a BS/BA degree is required.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years progressive business experience in any of the following areas: Marketing, Medical Device Product Development R&D, Medical Device Sales, or a related field with a proven track record of success, and strong execution capability is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in Medical Device or other healthcare regulated environment is preferred.
• Proven experience with strong communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to influence others are all required.
• Proven experience in launching new products or selling new products, services and programs to the healthcare community is preferred.
• Intermediate level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) is required.
• Experience with capital equipment sales or marketing is preferred.
• A scientific/technical background is preferred.
• This role will require up to 40% of domestic and international travel and be located in Raynham, MA.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Product ManagementRequisition ID