DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is searching for a Product Director – Hip Franchise Marketing. Position will be based in Warsaw, Indiana.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The WW Franchise Hip Marketing Product Director will be responsible for formulating and executing portfolio strategies for the Global Hip business. This individual should be a global subject matter expert in medical devices – including understanding global trends, key opinion leaders, competitive intelligence, product knowledge and performance, surgical process and evidence requirements.
Key activities for this role include:
• Partner with R&D on new product development from product conception to launch in the market.
• Partner with global/regional commercial marketing teams to promote existing brands, and prepare for new product launches.
• Develop key sales and surgeon education materials, including digital marketing content and promotional media as part of new product launches.
• Work with Medical Affairs, Development, Legal, Regulatory and the Regional Markets to identify, evaluate, and gain approval of new projects by following the Healthcare Compliance guidelines and processes.
• Support the daily business activities of the Hip Marketing organization as needed while managing portfolio advancement activities.
• Create and nurture close, collaborative professional relationships with surgeon customers, key vendors, and suppliers to gain alignment and create a shared sense of urgency.
• Develop, recommend, and execute on action plans to continually add new products and new technological advancements to the Hip portfolio.
• Independently model standard and occasionally complex ROI models and business justifications for organizational investments in new products.
• Deliver board-level presentations and secure the confidence and buy-in of organizational partners including Research & Development, Regulatory, Operations, Medical Affairs, Health Care Compliance, and others as required.
• Evaluate new technologies and intellectual property for potential licensing, acquisition, and/or distribution.
• Develop portfolio optimization plans, including product rationalization with responsibility for providing replacement product, and supporting regional marketing, and local sales organizations in the execution of the plan.
• Execute on marketing and distribution plans to introduce new products to the market through all regions.
• (Please note: This job is not eligible for sales incentives/sales commissions)
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required
• An MBA/Advanced degree is preferred.
• Exceptionally strong communication and presentation skills are required
• A minimum of 5 years of marketing, sales, brand and/or product management experience is required.
• Experience with successful team collaboration, influencing without authority, and working effectively on cross-functional teams is required.
• A proven track record of collaborating and executing in the Global marketplace is preferred
• Must be able to work effectively in an ambiguous environment and be comfortable making informed decisions with incomplete information is required
• Experience gathering voice of customer and developing insights is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of direct customer-facing experience in a business-to-business environment is preferred.
• Ability to work with cadavers and in an operating room setting is required.
• This position will be located in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 40% of both domestic and international travel.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Product ManagementRequisition ID