What we're looking for
As Activision Publishing's Mobile Product Director, you will have P&L responsibility for Activision Publishing's mobile portfolio. This role, which will report to the VP for the mobile and PC publishing unit, will directly oversee live operations, monetization, and product management, and will have close involvement with the analytics team. This person will build a small team, and establish processes and best practices for this unit. This position will also work with the VP on mobile product strategy to help create an industry leading portfolio.
Activision's mobile portfolio includes the Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies series, Call of Duty Heroes and multiple high profile unannounced titles, all of which are based on Activision IP. Mobile is a key pillar of Activision's strategy going forward, with longer term plans to develop certain titles internally. This position will work closely with production, which is separate from the publishing division. It is important for this person to have a strong understanding of all aspects of mobile, including development.
This role has a great deal of upside advancement potential with the opportunity to take on broader responsibilities in the future. What you'll do
What you'll bring
- As the individual responsible for the P&L of Activision's mobile portfolio, you will work closely with product managers, production teams and external studios to launch, operate and drive daily performance of new and existing mobile titles. There is a very heavy emphasis on maximizing revenues by implementing innovative monetization techniques and driving engagement.
- Define/execute the roadmap of daily, weekly, monthly events and promotions to increase engagement, retention and monetization, based on a deep understanding of game metrics.
- Close involvement with teams leading UA, metrics and CPI/LTV targets.
- Partner with central production and external studio partners across all games to hypothesize, test, and monitor gameplay. Recommend/drive changes and experiments on various user sets to optimize experience.
- Define systems/processes for in-game play and monetization analytics, and work with the analytics team to implement.
- 5-7 years of mobile monetization and product management experience.
- Must have been directly responsible for monetization of mobile products at scale.
- Must have had direct experience managing mobile game live operations, and experience working closely with analytics, production, CRM and UA teams.
- Possess a deep understanding of the mobile ecosystem, industry trends and players.
- Broad experience in project management, analysis, and ability to work across multiple teams in a fast-paced environment and with a high degree of autonomy.
- Superior influencing skills, coupled with the ability to develop deep, trust-based relationships.
- Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to work with creative people and resolve conflicts with competing ideas.
- Well-developed quantitative skills and a history of making data driven decisions. Must be flexible and able to deal with ambiguity regularly.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
w ho works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have a rigorous hiring process and a rigorous talent planning process. Our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness.
So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people. As a company, we have world class brands, infrastructure and resources. But we are nothing without the brilliance of our talented employees. What are you waiting for?
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.activision.com/careers
For creative roles please include a portfolio or link to your work.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicant will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. What we do
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher.
The company's product portfolio includes Activision Publishing's Call of Duty ® , Call of Duty™ and Destiny franchises, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft^®, Warcraft^®, StarCraft^®, and Diablo^® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the parent company of Activision Publishing, Inc. and Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies. Great Games Start with Great People
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.