114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Product Director - New Consumer Products, Halo Team
Capital One is building a next-generation banking experience: one that blows past the industry status quo and delivers a world-class digital experience that resonates with how consumers live their lives. To do that, Capital One needs to expand its suite of services far beyond what normal banks expect of themselves. Capital One’s Halo Team, an elite product development group in San Francisco, is tasked with building brand new products that translate the way banks talk into the way humans live. The Halo Team is seeking an experienced Product Director to take on a new category of consumers, mapping traditional banking experiences to the way that group makes financial decisions.
What you'll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of a new customer segment, determining a way to best address that segment based on their needs and Capital One’s capabilities
- Work with developers and designers to build new experiences from the ground up
- Manage the construction of new capabilities, building on services that exist deep inside bank architecture but that need to be leveraged in a modern, flexible manner
- Maintain close ties to developers, designers and product managers across the company, ensuring the services we create meet their needs as products evolve
- Iterate quickly and see the platform through to production and scale
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- Degree in Computer Science from a top-tier university, or equivalent
- You have 7-10 years of experience managing products from inception to production
- You have demonstrated a quick, deep understanding of customer needs and how to address them
- You’re a great storyteller: you can inspire teams to create things that should exist but don’t yet
- You know how to keep the crowd warmed up while they fix the broken demo.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.