This is a unique opportunity for a creative and charismatic individual to help build our marketing function, starting with SEO, within Gartner Peer Insights, a startup within Gartner. Our mission is to transform the way enterprise software is bought and sold by creating the industry standard for reviews and ratings. Less than two years in, we’ve collected over 30,000 verified reviews from enterprise end-users that answer the questions many of their peers are looking for in their online search. If you are interested in leveraging your deep SEO experience to help build the marketing function for a lean startup at an established brand, this is the role for you.
Qualitative and quantitative market research is required in order to create valuable search experiences online, and having great people skills is crucial. Just as important is the intuitive ability to move towards the important vs. the interesting. This becomes especially relevant as you lead technical and design teams to drive the continuous performance improvement of our web property through Search Engine Optimization. The ideal candidate should enjoy diving deep into the SEO related data and exploring the interplay across the various factors that drive search engine traffic. This role will also be our first marketing hire within Gartner Peer Insights, and the right hire will play a key role building other marketing functions as well staff up the team.
Gartner Peer Insights is one of the highest profile initiatives we have at Gartner, and this role will be crucial for our success.
● Build an SEO center of excellence. Our goal is to be a world-class SEO team and you will lead the building and development of that talent. Drive results including end-user awareness and adoption for our platform
● Implement a “lean” approach to SEO improvement where you and the team strive for early validated learnings that leads to shorter cycle times for delivering better search experiences. Spend a significant portion of your time thinking about and talking to current and potential customers to understand their needs and the opportunities these create
● Optimize Peer Insights web pages for Search. Conduct keyword research to discover SEO opportunities, recommend and implement the strategy. Benchmark our performance against competitors, and implement strategy to improve relative performance. Lead initiatives to produce high-quality SEO content that can be published across our assets (landing pages, blogs, social media). Partner with our sisters sites that have strong SEO capabilities. Enable Gartner to more fully leverage it’s existing assets (e.g., the IT Glossary)
● Be a thought leader in marketing and help us build out the function and team within Peer Insights, collaborating closely with other marketing and content groups within Gartner.
● 5+ years Search Engine Optimization experience - preferably for a consumer brand that relies on search traffic for significant revenue
● Bachelor’s degree required - preference for analytical degrees (e.g., Math, Physical Sciences, etc.)
● Deep understanding of search engine ranking factors and meaningful connection to the SEO community
● Understanding and interest in other key marketing areas including content marketing, communications, PR, social, etc.
● Experience in all the top SEO tools including BrightEdge, GetSTAT, DeepCrawl, Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
● Strategic leadership potential; ability to craft and articulate a clear vision and track record of implementing effective programs
● Strong natural curiosity, quick analytical skills, instinctive math skills
● Ability to connect with people of different backgrounds; capability in interviewing clients and leading market research; experience with high-performing teams
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job ID 00015329
A little about us:
The world’s leading information technology, marketing and supply chain research and advisory company.