Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We seek a top-notch product documentation manager with strong cloud infrastructure knowledge and experience delivering service, API, and SDK documentation. You will manage and grow an experienced team of deeply technical writers, and you will also collaborate closely with our infrastructure lead, our content strategist, and our UX team to deliver a ground-breaking overall user experience.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. At Oracle, you can have significant strategic and technical impact by helping to build innovative technical content from the ground up. Job Responsibilities
- Deliver accurate and complete customer-facing product documentation on time and with a high degree of quality
- Contribute to strategic initiatives around authoring environments, development processes, and automation tooling
- Work closely with other members of the technical content team to ensure uniformity in workflow and writing style
- Collaborate with the user experience team to ensure that technical content - including documentation, contextual help, UI text, and other forms of assistance - are discoverable, usable, and pleasing to the customer
- 5 years management experience leading a significant documentation effort
- Impeccable written English skills
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Significant work experience in startups or fast-paced enterprise technology development environments
- Comfort with agile, swiftly changing, dynamic software development situations
- Strong record of recruiting and hiring top-notch talent
- Experience measuring customer satisfaction, reporting on metrics, and making continuous improvements based on customer feedback
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team processes
- Experience delivering service API and SDK documentation
- Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and technologies
- Understanding of transformation engines, content management systems, XML, and HTML
- Experience using distributed source code management systems such as Git
- Experience using enterprise-grade bug tracking systems, such as JIRA
- A history of fearless hands-on product use and a strong customer advocate mentality
- Commitment to and experience with managing, capturing, and maintaining institutional knowledge
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
Responsible for directing the activities of a staff that creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Supervises the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a manager in the technical writing division, you will lead a team that will design and write conceptually complex parts of new documentation. Recognize design dependencies with related product documentation and/or products and propose design changes or new designs. Provide subject matter guidance Company-wide to all levels.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of technical documentation. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.