Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Product Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary objective of the Global Integrated Gases Product Management team is to improve the competitiveness of our Large Air Separation offerings by reducing the cost of these plants. As a member of this team, the Integrated Gases Product Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the development of new products from concept to commercialization
- Collaborate with functional groups within the Product Delivery and Bid & Execute teams to successfully deliver maximum product content into our bid and project opportunities
- Interface with Global Product Owners and Commercial Managers, as well as with Engineering, Operations, Technology, and Procurement to identify and pursue opportunities that increase Air Products' profitability
- Actively manage product line improvements and changes, and complete technical and economic evaluations to support these improvements
- Deliver on product initiatives, within budget and on schedule
The minimum requirements are a B.S. degree in Engineering, and three to seven years of relevant experience.
Beneficial skills and experiences include:
- Supporting or leading both longer-term product development initiatives and shorter-term capital project execution initiatives
- Cross-functional or cross-organizational experiences, such as with Operations
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and product development methodologies, such as Stage-Gate processes and Cost/Benefits analyses
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work productively and proactively in a global team environment
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company celebrating 75 years of operation. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Materials Technologies business serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2015 sales of $9.9 billion and has a current market capitalization of more than $30 billion. Approximately 19,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19729BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.