At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Engineer for the Commercial Solutions Division located in Nevada, MO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Product Engineer will support graphic film and release liner manufacturing operations for the Commercial Solutions Division. These products are based on 3M core technologies that drive growth across multiple divisions.
This person will work with plants, customers, vendors, marketing, and product development teams. The ideal candidate will perform well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment managing multiple projects effectively while working with colleagues in the laboratory, in manufacturing, and in the business groups.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead manufacturing cost, product yield, and quality improvement projects using Lean, Six Sigma, and Value Stream methodologies.
- Lead local management of change projects with focus on communication, risk evaluation, and execution of process and product changes.
- Support rapid resolution of customer complaints; including timely response, and implementation and communication of corrective actions.
- Perform capability assessments for new opportunities.
- Create and maintain product documentation, including product specifications and test methods.
- Work with plant, division, and other internal and external resources as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to cover nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary, to support 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year continuous manufacturing.
- Currently possess or are within the last six (6) months of pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing engineering, process engineering, product engineering, and/or product development.
- Experience on quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Experience on working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience utilizing statistical tools in problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills to manage different priorities.
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.