The Product Engineer will provide technical support for part specific ceramic core production and development programs. Support includes the concurrent design, procurement, and maintenance of tooling, fixtures and equipment; interpretation of customer specifications; and development of safe cost-efficient processes.
- Participate in NPI and Yield improvement teams to leverage best practices for process improvements.
- Manage die and fixture life to facilitate the timely replacement of worn tooling
- Assure tooling and processes comply with corporate best practices as defined in the Core Manual (CP) and Tooling Manual (TM)
- Assist in quotation of new products and review design producibility
- Leverage lessons learned in NPI process to production
- Draft tooling letters for NPI product including core dies and required support tooling
- Improve yield, throughput, and quality of specific parts as designed
- Manage setter quality, life, and safe handling procedures for large setters
- Statistical Analysis of production dimensional data in order to improves processes
- Cost justification and payback of expenditures through the X-order
- Monitor dimensional and other process parameter trends for control and capability
- Continuous improvement of tooling, methods, and processes
- Review and disposition scrap and monitor repair procedures and cost effectiveness
- Manage part quality and cost, and improvement activities through Scrap as percent of sales improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Materials Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year experience working within an engineering function within a manufacturing environment OR one year experience in combined internships and/or co-ops.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Knowledge of Business Systems
- Experience in Program Management
- Lean Manufacturing Methods (Kaizen, root cause analysis and six sigma trained)
- Experience working AutoCAD
- Blue print reading and Geometric tolerancing
- Knowledge of handheld measurement instruments (i.e. calipers and micrometers)