The Product Engineer will provide technical support for part specific ceramic core production and development programs. Support includes the concurrent design, procurement, and maintenance of tooling, fixtures and equipment; interpretation of customer specifications; and development of safe cost-efficient processes.
- Participate in NPI and Yield improvement teams to leverage best practices for process improvements.
- Manage die and fixture life to facilitate the timely replacement of worn tooling
- Assure tooling and processes comply with corporate best practices as defined in the Core Manual (CP) and Tooling Manual (TM)
- Assist in quotation of new products and review design producibility
- Leverage lessons learned in NPI process to production
- Draft tooling letters for NPI product including core dies and required support tooling
- Improve yield, throughput, and quality of specific parts as designed
- Manage setter quality, life, and safe handling procedures for large setters
- Statistical Analysis of production dimensional data in order to improves processes
- Cost justification and payback of expenditures through the X-order
- Monitor dimensional and other process parameter trends for control and capability
- Continuous improvement of tooling, methods, and processes
- Review and disposition scrap and monitor repair procedures and cost effectiveness
- Manage part quality and cost, and improvement activities through Scrap as percent of sales improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Materials Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year experience working within an engineering function within a manufacturing environment OR one year experience in combined internships and/or co-ops.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Knowledge of Business Systems
- Experience in Program Management
- Lean Manufacturing Methods (Kaizen, root cause analysis and six sigma trained)
- Experience working AutoCAD
- Blue print reading and Geometric tolerancing
- Knowledge of handheld measurement instruments (i.e. calipers and micrometers)
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.