Product Group Program Manager
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 12, 2017
Reference ID: 170000XN
Product Group Program Manager - Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI)
This position is located in Austin, Texas
Manage Customer Solution Team (CST) focused on large Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) customers. The team works directly with customers, Dell account teams, suppliers, and many functions across Dell. The team covers end to end customer engagement including early business opportunity and technical discussions, driving of product development, creating/managing samples, creating pricing and proposals, order fulfillment, and issue resolution. The role requires several years’ experience managing cross functional teams (core teams) for long term programs.
* Create and review all business cases, provide feedback and make recommendation to LOB staff and GM.
* Lead the CST to create competitive business proposals and drive to win the business
* Participate in all Phase exit meetings and provide necessary reviews and approvals.
* Manage team approval for Customer Requirements Documents and approve the document for the CST.
* Obtain brand team approval for peripheral SOW's and approve the document for the LOB.
* Reviews and approves all CST Strategic Account reviews.
* Receive and act upon escalations from Program Managers and other team members.
* Establish and lead CST team meetings, drive and track core team participation, set agendas, document and distribute meeting minutes, assign and track action items, drive timely issue resolution, manage risks, record documentation in tools and provide executive management program updates and develop phase reviews as required.
* Establish an effective master schedule commensurate with the scope of your programs. Ensure end of life transitions are adequately planned to minimize excess and obsolescence and avoid gap out. Incorporate lessons learned into your programs and capture lessons learned from your programs in each phase in the lessons learned database.
* Assess program and business risks with input from all key functions and lead appropriate action plans to ensure program success to meet customer needs.
* Ensure your team's compliance with OLP for their assigned programs. Coach team members on process as needed to ensure understanding of, and adherence to the requirements. Ensure that your team passes any PrP/ISO audits.
* Meet with your manager regularly to review the business factors associated with your programs focusing on competitive environment, product features, positioning in the portfolio & in the market, financials, supply/demand environment, quality, schedule, and program risks.
* Lead or participate in process improvements as required. Share the results of the process improvement with peers.
* At all times, maintain and effectively communicate the Plan of Record (POR) and current status for the assigned programs. Maintain positive working relationships with peers, managers, Directors and VPs/GMs. Develop relationships with all applicable offshore development teams. Support regional queries and develop processes where beneficial.
* Coach core team and extended team members when possible. Foster effective communications.
Skills needed/preferred for this role
* Account management skills
* Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, executives and external customers.
* Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications.
* Organizing and planning skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
* Priority setting skill.
* Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
* System level understanding of major server and data center technologies
* Skilled in MS Office products and MS Project software.
* Prefer systems level understanding of enterprise computing technology and solutions.
* Prefer hands on experience working with OEM/ODM suppliers to deliver solutions.
* Facilitation skills to lead meetings.
* Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines.
* Experience in program management including planning and senior management interface.
* Ability to build effective teams.
* Ability to manage daily workflow as required to meet departmental and customer requirements.
* Demonstrate attentiveness to quality and productivity.
* Prior People management
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Dell offers a competitive salary and bonus plan as well as a great benefit package. For more information, visit us on the web athttp://www.dell.com/.
**Job:** **Engineering - Program Management*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Product Group Program Manager*
**Requisition ID:** *170000XN*