Wealth Management Operations Concierge Service Team Relationship Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Wealth Management Operations
Global Wealth Management Operations provides brokerage, investment and financial services to hundreds of thousands of individual investors. We apply our expertise in serving institutional clients to create new opportunities for people to achieve their personal financial goals. Morgan Stanley has one of the largest retail brokerage networks, with numerous worldwide representatives and retail locations. Our services are tailored to each client's investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial needs. Products include mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and alternative investments where appropriate, as well as banking, mortgages, insurance and annuities.
Wealth Management Operations is creating a Concierge Service Team (CST) supporting the firm's top revenue producing Financial Advisors (FAs) and UHNW clients. The CST is a critical element of the firm's desire to create a firm within the firm environment for qualifying FAs and clients. The CST will consist of Relationship Managers (RMs) covering approximately 7-10 FA teams, including their Client Service Associates. Although the RM will report directly into WM Operations, the RM will be a critical component of the broader firm-wide network supporting the field. Utilizing their strong acumen of WM Operations and needs of the Field, the RM will be a high-touch, trusted service provider for all complex and delicate matters requiring timely support and execution from WM Operations. The RM is expected to build and maintain relationships throughout the Field, WM Operations and other supporting departments in order to drive efficiency with regards to issue resolution or innovative client needs. The RM will also distribute information proactively when issues arise or change is planned which impacts clients within their coverage. The RM will over time promote best practice in process and tool utilization, for example, when necessary. Finally, the RM will need to look across his or her coverage population and collaborate with other CST RMs for process or technology related improvements. The RM will adhere to established metrics and SLAs.
- 10 years of Operations and/or Field experience
- VP Level, ideally a top performing SME in a functional Operations area or an existing service role in the Field (seasoned CSA, Business Service Officer or Service Associate)
- Strong track record of building and maintaining service relationships the willingness to go above and beyond is second nature
- Familiarity of complex needs of UHNW clients
- Flexibility to travel often in the beginning relationship building phase and as needed to sustain the relationship
- In depth knowledge of WM Operations and ability to easily build and maintain a network are critical
- Service-orientated mindset
- Strong ability to uncover the root cause of an issue
- Self-starter with strong ability to work with minimal oversight
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment while being adept at multitasking
- Strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Ability to partner with Senior Management in both Operations & the Business
- Ability to communicate effectively using various mediums (verbal, written, presentation) both upward and with peers
- Sharp analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong networking skills
- Strong organization skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.