Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary
Under the direction of the Supervisor/Line Operator/Process Monitor, monitors material in order to maintain efficient flow of production. Operate hand or power trucks and other material handling equipment. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Operate hand or power trucks and other material handling equipment to move materials throughout the unit. Change batteries on these material handling equipment.
- Delivers first (1st) pallet and subsequent pallets to staging area after verifying correct quantity of empty trays.
- Obtain/verify sterilizer tags from Process Monitor.
- Verify/place correct sterilizer tags onto pallets per procedure.
- Load product onto pallets, trays, baskets or conveyors, checking product identification to verify correct lot number, description, etc. Discard, reject and record information as needed. Sign and date the back of each tag once the pallet has been verified as having the correct amount of units and trays.
- Remove/place full pallet from/to Scissor lift and place in designated area for packout/sterilization after verification of quantity. Verify to ensure two sterilizer tags are attached.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment has necessary supplies and materials for overwrap operation.
- Inspect applicable units using the leak detection cycle. Inspect bags and cobalt chloride cloths after the leak detection cycle. Inspect outer surface and closures for defects and proper identity. Return good units to conveyor line and set rejects aside noting cause for rejection on the reject record.
- Perform necessary quality checks relative to this operation.
- Assist in the production operation as needed.
- Report quality deviations to Lead Person/Process Monitor.
- Perform run changes and line clearances per procedure.
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly condition.
- Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Work in other areas as needed.
- Materials or Products
- Care and attention required to follow FIFO component usage.
- Correctly note all information needed to complete batch records.
- Care and attention
- Correctly notes all information needed to complete batch records.
- Care and attention to assure quality.
- Ability to recognize minor quality problems.
- Care and attention required to review paperwork during run changes.
- Tools and Equipment
- Care and attention required in using material handling equipment.
- Safety of Others
- Care and attention in keeping work area clean, while following Company's safety procedures and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to the Line Operator/Process Monitor. Work in proximity of others where awareness of others is necessary to prevent injury.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required
- Manual dexterity.
- Good communication skills with the ability to read, write and understand job language in English.
- Ability to add and subtract simple whole numbers.
- Proof required for proper use of hand or power truck operation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No previous experience required. Up to 2 weeks on-the-job training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Work in a factory environment exposed to some amount of noise, heat and humidity.
- Potential injuries consist of cuts, bruises and muscle strains.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.