Location: Granville, OH - United States
The Product Intelligence Program Leader is a key leadership and execution role for delivering the underlying competitive product intelligence that supports the product line strategy in all the CSB product platforms.
The Program Leader collaborates with Platform Leaders to define and execute global competitive product analyses to ensure that CSB has constantly up to date views of performance and positioning, and that these analyses are translated into clear and actionable insights for the global product platforms. The Program Leader must demonstrate leadership across the global network of locations and functions to ensure the effective development and execution of the benchmarking programs.Responsibilities
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to safety responsibilities.
- Ensure the highest standard of operation in locations conducting competitive analyses.
- Lead and participate in at least one behavior-based safety observation per quarter.
- Recognize safe behaviors.
- Creation of understanding and insightsIn coordination with Product Platform Leaders and S&T Leaders
- Leads the design of benchmark programs to ensure that each of the product platforms within CSB has a current and actionable overview of the competitive materials.
- Works with Product Managers to translate competitive positioning to potential value of an OC product.
- Works with Product Intelligence Manager to refine and communicate insights with the CSB organization.
- Clearly defined benchmarking programs that are constantly updated.
- Effective methodology for reporting benchmark data to the CSB organization.
- Clear guidance on the commercial impact of the benchmarked performance.
- Building product characterization capabilitiesIn coordination with Global Characterization Labs, S&T Leaders and CTSO
- Leads the definition of characterization needs for each benchmark program.
- Evaluates internal characterization capabilities, identifies gaps and determines when to leverage external labs versus filling gaps internally.
- Builds external network of characterization partners to increase flexibility.
- Internal characterization capabilities are developed or augmented to enable benchmark execution.
- External characterization labs are utilized to accelerate benchmark execution.
- Program Management - Leading programs to support a multi-platform multi-generational product platform strategy
- Apply project management expertise and other best practices/tools to define and execute
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Develops and routinely forecasts project plans and project budget to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of program.
- Leads and engages single or cross-functional project teams, which are accountable for developing benchmark data.
- Accountable for the development and alignment of all project roles and responsibilities. Ensures the roles and responsibilities are articulated to each team member, modified as required, and accomplished throughout the project.
- Communication - collaborates with all Platform leaders in Strategic Marketing and S&T and guarantees clear and consistent communications to all project stakeholders.
- Adheres to the PMO processes and actively prepares for / participates in all reviews and stage gate deliverablesMetrics
Job RequirementsExperience and Knowledge Requirements:
- On-time and on-budget project delivery.
- Implementation of all project deliverables in alignment with standards / controls, business requirements and any approved scope changes.
- Each key role and accountability is assigned properly to a team member for successful execution.
- A PhD degree in Chemistry or Materials Science is preferred with a minimum MS degree in Chemistry or Materials Science.
- 7+ years of experience in the composite industry is stongly preferred.
- Experience in a technical role is required, marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience in translating product performance into commercial positioning based upon technical analysis.
- Experience working in matrix organizations with multiple channels and influencers with accountability across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Experience with cross-functional teams.
- Effective planning and execution of communications for internal and external stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Ability to Influence and Lead - Must be able to exert influence and leadership across the organization while holding little formal authority.
- Conflict Management - Is comfortable managing conflicting points of view. Has the ability to make and communicate the tough decision to all affected parties.
- Resilience and tolerance for ambiguity - Must be able to make difficult decisions and pursue ambitious goals with limited resources and imperfect information.
- Critical Thinking : Reduce complex problems down to their most simple core and effectively resolve them. Develop a compelling strategic vision and integrate others' ideas into your own, especially when ideas are in conflict.
- Leadership - Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness : Positively influence the activity of others, both internal and external, toward the attainment of business goals. Includes active listening, ability to coach and mentor others (including non-subordinate colleagues). Demonstrated success as a member of a business team and can effectively deal with conflict.
- Planning/Organizing : Can focus on key business priorities and translate this focus into productive results by clarifying goals and roles of the team and individuals that will work on the project. Track record of successful project management and productive use of the available resources.
- Communication : Clearly and concisely conveys information, both written and verbal. Shares information, perspective and ideas openly with all levels of the organization, without invitation, and early enough to avoid crises.
For Administrative Use Only
- Technical : Able to understand technology and industry applications and how to apply it effectively to meet customer needs in a business context.
Band: About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology