Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Owns product change management (PCM) and control
- Unreleased product approval and control
- ECO (Engineering Change Order) approval
- Implementation of PCN (Part Change Notification), with Global Product Support
- Provides guidance/input to Engineering and the Business Unit about the field service impact of part/supplier changes.
- Accuracy of customer shipped configurations and BOMs (Bill of Materials)
- CaRM (Configuration accuracy Review Meeting) reviews
- BOM (Bill of Materials) accuracy
- NSR (Non Standard Request) approval
- Owns common modules roadmap and implementation post Phase 5 of ePLC.
- Implementation of component roadmaps including part obsolescence, replacements, alternative vendors and cost reduction
- Facilitates Intercompany communication to align on product strategies, provide guidance on pricing, spare level contents, and restricted part orders. Facilitates alignment meeting for product roadmap and market proliferation
- Implementation of cost reduction roadmap
- Manage strategic vendor issues
- Manage all changes to the product after product release
- whether driven by engineering, quality, safety, customer demands or supply obsolesce
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.