Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements.Key Responsibilities
- Owns product change management (PCM) and control
- Unreleased product approval and control
- ECO (Engineering Change Order) approval
- Implementation of PCN (Part Change Notification), with Global Product Support
- Prepare change management packages for all customers
- Manages product portfolio by participating in CES (Customer Engineering Special), NSR (Non Standard Request) reviews. Facilitates CIP (Continuous Improvement Program) activities based on competitive landscape, technical requirement and ROI (Return on Investment) analysis.
- Initiate and drive CIPs (Continuous Improvement Programs) for the product where appropriate. Technical improvement, reliability, commonality, NSR (Non Standard Request) reduction, option reduction etc.
Release Hardware CIP (Continuous Improvement Program) and options to structure tree
- Owns common modules roadmap and implementation post Phase 5 of ePLC.
- Implementation of component roadmaps including part obsolescence, replacements, alternative vendors and cost reduction
- Facilitates Intercompany communication to align on product strategies, provide guidance on pricing, spare level contents, and restricted part orders. Facilitates alignment meeting for product roadmap and market proliferation
- Support or Lead as necessary effort and coordination between various intercompany groups (such as operations, Engineering and Global Program Management) to achieve divisional cost targets and improve operational metrics for reduction in Build cycle time, Period, Burden and Variance
- Relook at our Product Structure and Mfg. strategy
- Manage strategic vendor issues
- Manage all changes to the product after product release
- whether driven by engineering, quality, safety, customer demands or supply obsolesce
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.