Eaton’s B-line division located in Highland IL has an opening for a Product Line Manager for Spring Steel Fasteners
Eaton’s B-Line series fasteners include a broad range of products designed for attachment to metal studs, steel beams, acoustical tees purlins channel and more in commercial construction for electrical, mechanical and telecommunication applications. Our innovative designs provide users significant time-savings for a lower total installation cost.
The Product Line Manager for the Spring Steel Fastener product line provides leadership in the formulation of product line strategy and action programs to enhance sales growth and profitability. The Product Line Manager (PLM) must have strong knowledge of our customers, understand their needs, as well as a thorough understanding of the dynamics of selling these products in the marketplace.
This is a leadership role with high visibility and a chance to dynamically “move the needle” in an emerging marketplace experiencing explosive growth. The incumbent will own the overall global product and pricing strategy, as well as be responsible for the team’s efforts in maximizing sales, profitability and continuing B-Line’s world class customer satisfaction and relations.
The proven ability to drive innovation from ideation (product road-mapping) through phase gate processes (ProLaunch), identification of product adjacencies, identification and execution of cost savings initiatives through VA/VE & product rationalization, are highly valued. The successful candidate will have ambition, drive, strong technical and manufacturing knowledge, and experience in the product management arena. A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally.
- Develop and execute global product line strategies in support of B-Line innovation, globalization and end market initiatives driving the Spring Steel Fastener business as well as continuously seeking to expand the product lines as driven by marketplace needs and voice-of-customer interactions.
- Develop, implement, and refine go-to-market strategies for all assigned product lines. Implement specific programs by product family that will increase field sales productivity, profitability, and market share including marketing campaigns, channel expansion, and sales force and channel training programs.
- Utilize synergies across Eaton’s global electrical product line to create, innovate and drive new product growth and development. Partner with product managers across the business to ensure that highly robust, strategic initiatives can be driven to meet the needs of the customer.
- Proactively engage with the commercial sales organization to understand emerging product opportunities and to drive innovation.
- Create effective training tools and materials, and participate in formal and informal training sessions with sales and support personnel, customers, specifying engineers, etc.
- Partner with and engage the global engineering team to drive flawless execution of new product initiatives, cost savings programs and product rationalization opportunities.
- Develop overall pricing strategy for assigned lines; manage product mix and volume to meet overall product line profitability targets.
- Monitor and influence service and inventory levels to achieve customer delivery expectations, by actively connecting cross-functionally to understand market trends and develop S&OP product line forecast.
- Perform any and all other duties and initiatives assigned with the same drive, determination and dedication to excellence
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the electrical or commercial construction industry is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering, sales, marketing, or customer facing role is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with or aptitude to understand financial analysis and accounting principles
- Gets results through collaboration
- Aptitude and affinity for technical product details, including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and drawings
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, think analytically, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to communicate clearly with team, conduct presentations, and be flexible and organized
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Action-oriented and proactive approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional presence and Interpersonal effectiveness
- Good understanding of market and competitive dynamics
- Analytical and Strategic thinking
- Strategic and tactical pricing
- Understanding of markets, distribution channels, and brand strengths in dealing with positioning strategies
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- MBA preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.