Product Line Manager II
Company: Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posted: April 02, 2017
Reference ID: 1701503701
The Product Line Manager, for our Software Solutions products, will be the central authority, drive the system software products including the product development plan to maximize the return on investment.
He/She Manages products from inception, through development, to production, support, and oversees market competitiveness of products. Develop the Market Requirements Document (MRD) - capturing the requirements deemed critical for market acceptance, including the cross-section of customer input, evolving systems requirements, latest market and industry technology trends, as well as leading competitive benchmarking and analysis. Drives the creation of system software products based on customer requirements from the definition phase to delivery, working closely with management, engineering, sales, and operations teams. Manages system software products closely through their definition, development, delivery, promotion, and end-of-life. Responsible for identification and resolution of issues, which inhibit implementation of product commitments.
• Develop system software business plan, product strategy, product definition, roadmap, and life cycle.
• Develop detailed Marketing Requirement Documents for new and existing technologies.
• Develop strong customer relationships with strategic accounts in the target markets to drive and also understand and predict future requirements.
• Work with engineering development teams to create new feature and product requirements.
• Drive the software roadmap from MRD through engineering and other organizations for successful product launch and customer deliverables, . overseeing prioritization, lead times, schedules, and risk/trade-off management details.
• Responsible for demand creation and revenue generation .by introducing new features in current and new markets.
• Drive strategic partnerships with customers, third parties, and community relationships.
• Clearly and persuasively communicate the company's vision and unique product benefits to a varied set of audiences including internal teams, industry analysts, and customers.
• Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams focusing on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
• Continually monitor and negotiate Product Line commitments to ensure smooth rollout through all departments (development milestones, introduction rates, offer ability, etc.).
• Identify and resolve any obsolescence, EOL, and phase out plans.
Customer Marketing Management
• Responsible for leading and managing the software roadmap of existing and future products for assigned customers.
• Responsible for managing and driving the customer software roadmap through engineering, marketing, sales, and customers overseeing the design, development, integration, and testing of product line(s) as an integrated part of a complete system deliverable.
• Responsible for supporting the regional sales teams for customer engagement activities to help drive software solutions with new and existing technologies.
• Support RFP and product proposals to help ensure timely resolution and success.
• Must understand the system software market (hardware and software) and associated manageability technologies including trends and competitive landscape.
• Proven track record of revenue generation with products based on new technologies.
• Proven track record of successful tier1 customer management.
• Proven track record of negotiating and driving customer requirements and priorities through product delivery.
• Proven track record of business development and strategic alliances.
• Must have detailed knowledge in system software including software architecture, platform technologies, software development process, testing and benchmarking to ensure successful product line adherence to requirements, development, and delivery.
• Strong knowledge in embedded systems, operating systems, system servers, database management, system level applications, support tools, and web-based technologies, is a plus.
• Must have experience with BSPs, SDKs, Linux, programming languages, and development tools.
• Previous experience in leading/managing hardware and/or software development/support teams, is a plus.
• Strong IFE experience is a plus.
• Proven product definition experience including writing detailed Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs).
• Experience with all phases of product life cycle and ability to manage customer and strategic requirements through the product life cycle.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with third parties, customers, and a diverse range of internal organizations.
• 4 year degree, preferably in EE, CS, or related degree
• Related advanced degree or MBA with emphasis in marketing, technology, or finance a strong plus.
• 5+ years experience in proven successful product line management for the airline or closely related industry.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1502578