Product Management Associate
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
We are seeking a results driven professional to execute key Product Management activities, initiatives, and projects aligned with company goals and objectives.
Our Product Management Associate will be a dedicated subject matter expert who will work closely with our Product Managers and assist in exceeding team goals through various avenues including:
• Leading & managing foundational processes including new product authoring, catalog merchandising, and product attribute updating that supports the upkeep of the Tools product portfolio
• Managing and executing specific projects related to line review implementation, inventory management, supplier performance improvement, pricing analysis, contract management, and marketing program support
• Assisting in resolving supplier/product related issues and supporting customers and field based employees regarding product cost, customer/product warranties, pricing, hazardous materials, and regulatory issues
• Performing financial, market, and business related analyses on trends impacting Product Category to assist team leadership in making effective business decisions
• Participating in cross-functional teams and projects to ensure Product Management processes, concerns, and business issues are properly addressed for increased productivity, quality, customer satisfaction, and service
Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of three years related experience
Proven and demonstrated project management skills with the ability to solve complex problems
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal and external customers
Strong business and analytical skills
Demonstrates the ability to build relationships both internally and externally as well as work collaboratively
Able to multi-task and set priorities to meet various deadlines while maintaining a flexible schedule in a fast pace work environment
Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and SAP
Experience and knowledge of Hand and/or Power Tools a plus
Experience with customer service or managing clientele a plus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.