Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
.Product Management (Intern), San Jose, CA Job Requirements:
The PayPal Checkout API team is responsible for building services and capabilities that enable millions of Merchants, Partners and Developers to offer PayPal as a payment option. These REST APIs enable experiences via web, mobile web and native interfaces for PayPal, eBay Marketplaces and the developer community. Put it simply, we are front and center anytime a buyer clicks "Checkout with PayPal" button around the world.
With millions of merchants already enabled to accept PayPal and more integrating every day; the Checkout API team is responsible for delivering services at PayPal as part of the Merchant organization by driving capabilities, products, solutions and experiences with low cost, low time to market and increased agility.
As part of Checkout API, you'll join us in our goal of continuously making it easy to integrate with PayPal as easy as it can possibly be. We are a fast-paced organization and we are looking for Product Manager who is a self-starter, can collaborate broadly and is comfortable dealing with ambiguity. Responsibilities:
- Ability to translate product needs to technology specifically in the context of APIs.
- Understand technology and comfortable working day in day out with engineers & architects and other product managers/owners.
- Develop a strong understanding of online checkout and payments industry as it relates to PayPal.
- Develop relationships and work cross-functionally across the organization to deliver on initiatives within a constrained period of time.
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
- MBA or Masters degree with a technology bent or past complimentary experience working in technology/engineering.
- Previous experience that blends business/commercial and technology. This is a 50/50 Technology / Business role and one needs to be comfortable in both to be truly successful.
- Good understanding of concepts like Platform as a Service (PaaS), Web Services, SOA, REST APIs.
- Past experience in either of the below a plus:
- Product Management, Engineering or Engineering Management.
- Launching new APIs.
- Payments industry experience.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.