The Ethicon Surgical Care business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a/n R&D Senior Product Management Engineer located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The R&D Product Management Engineer is responsible for acting as a team member on product development projects conducting various assignments in cooperation with direction of team & team leader.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete assignments involving a specific phase of an engineering project which may include design, development, testing.
- May assist in determining objectives & planning schedules of specific task within a given project.
- Conduct assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project.
- Co-ordinate activities with internal & external customers.
- Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of assignments.
- Plan, conduct & direct engineering assignments to completion.
- May co-ordinate, direct activities of other technical support staff & be responsible for their assignments.
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience in a regulated industry is required.
- Experience in medical device industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and Process Six Sigma is required
- Process Development- Development and Validating of Manuf/Assembly Processes preferred
- Assembly equipment Design Experience is required
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is required.
- Experience with component process development is preferred
- A Green/Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- Experience managing outside vendors and suppliers is preferred.
- Ultrasonic Device Development, Lean Manufacturing Principals/Certification, is preferred.
- The ability to create designs for production and fabrication is preferred.
- Experience solving technical manufacturing issues is preferred.
- This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.