Dell’s Marketing Vision is to be a world-class, innovative and customer-focused marketing organization that shapes our offerings, influences our stakeholder’s perceptions and behaviors, and drives growth and profitability. Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth.
An industry migration to software based architectures built on x86 server technology is underway, and with the formation of Dell Technologies, there are many opportunities to collaborate across Dell to create new offers. This role is a senior level product management role tasked with engaging with various stakeholders across Dell that utilize server technology as a building block for other Dell Technologies offers.
A capable candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration skills, keen understanding of server technologies, a broad understanding of the enterprise market and the ability to apply to understanding to build business cases to prioritize projects and programs. Ultimately, the candidate will be responsible for delivering a roadmap of new capabilities and features for the PowerEdge Server portfolio that will drive top line profitable growth for Dell Technologies.
* Drives the development and communications of product definition and solution plans to optimize the company’s products and services.
* Develops specific marketing and communications plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
* Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
* Applies broad knowledge of company’s product/service capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities.
* Oversees the analysis and evaluation of key market statistics and customer requirements to define product strategies and identify product opportunities to expand market share.
* Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case for optimization of existing products/solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products.
* Develops business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for solutions.
* Maintains current status of customer requirements for existing and future products.
* Supports product launch and provide sustaining efforts to enable quoting, validation, pricing, order entry, and fulfillment of products under management via internal sales tool and external web stores.
* Works with demand, supply, and pricing teams to ensure accurate forecasting, lead-time estimating, and pricing for products under management.
* Manages product launches to ensure sales force readiness and optimize P&L impact of product transitions.
* Conducts competitive analysis to determine appropriate positioning and product messaging.
* Oversees and drives products and solutions through the phase release or solutions release process including business case and resource requirements.
* Identifies, evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with product line and solution objectives.
* Manages product portfolio roadmap and works to scope opportunities and obtain appropriate funding for new programs.
* 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Undergraduate degree and 10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8 years relevant experience.
* Strong knowledge of IT industry technologies, future trends, and direction
* Must be fully knowledgeable in classic marketing skills (i.e. Product, Positioning, Pricing, and Promotion)
* Solid grasp of financial management concepts, including “break-even” analysis
* Strong analytical skills
* Good organization skills, including the ability to form cross-functional project teams effectively within Dell Technologies
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success./
*/Why work with us?/*
- /Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology./
- /When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution./
- /Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships./
- /We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential./
- /Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.**/
/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Product Management*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Product Management Sr. Consultant*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000YKP*