Help Define the Future
Product Managers drive change and innovation at Aquent. A thought leader and technology-focused organization, Aquent always looks to push the envelope. If you're looking to spearhead a process that imagines disruptive solutions, defines their execution and ensures their success, all within a fast-growing, challenging yet established organization that's all about the people, keep reading!
Reporting to the Director of Product Managment, the Product Manager is responsible for product planning, and adoption throughout the product lifecycle. This includes gathering and prioritizing product and customer needs, defining the product vision, and working closely with development to deliver it. It also includes working with other departments (e.g. training, analytics, marketing and the staffing operations) to ensure and business goals are met. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and values. What is a "product"?
We use a broad definition of product, so this could be anything from a mobile app to a service offering to the integration of a new technology into a core business process. A product is really defined by a business goal and a high-level approach to achieving it. Products will be prioritized and assigned by the Director of Product Management in conjunction with the Management Board and will remain under development until their goals are met. Products will almost always require both technological and operational development. A typical product life-cycle will last between nine and 18 months. Product Managers will shepherd a single product through to success, then take on a new product based on the company's priorities and their skills and interests.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a growing, cross-functional team to design, build and roll-out products that deliver Aquent's vision and strategy. Responsibilities
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work with a cross-functional team to translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to smoothly deliver great software
- Drive product launches working with other internal teams, executives, and other product management team members
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of our team and our products
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred but not required
- Industry Reputation! As a division of Aquent, we're part of the world's largest creative staffing firm and work with some the best agencies and companies in the universe.
- Work/life balance. We say it, we mean it! Seriously, take vacation when you need it, so long as it's cool with your team. We offer unusually generous and flexible vacation benefits. We believe in rewarding hard work as you achieve your goals! Our benefits package ain't so bad, either: medical, vision, and dental, 401(k) with employer match, FSA, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We consistently win top honors in both the Client and Talent categories for Best in Staffing from Inavero for our exceptional customer service.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
A little about us:
Aquent helps leading companies achieve their goals by connecting them with talented marketing, creative and digital professionals on a contract basis.