No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right. Job Summary
- Manages key product line lifecycles. Understands and interprets market and industry trends. Leads the marketing initiatives for new product introduction and existing product change introduction.
- Develops the long-term product line strategy, forecast, and the annual operating plan.
- Provides product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
- Drives the development of product introduction plans.
- Develops all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure the successful launch of new products and throughout the subsequent lifecycle.
- Presents marketing approach for functional review and to the change management review group.
- Drives pricing activity throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drives available marketing resources and uses those resources appropriately and as needed.
- Ensures that the product branding strategy is implemented effectively, and leads and supports internal and external communications in relations to the product range.
- Protects intellectual property of the organization, and works with legal counsel and engineering to ensure asset protection.
- Uses market research capabilities to plan for and implements an appropriate approach based on the understanding of Cummins' target market and competitors.
- Defines and adopts, in the target market, a specific stance relative to the competition with the use of market research capabilities.
- Drives improvement of customer satisfaction and solves elevated customer issues in relation to product.
- Drives management of the product lifecycle; determines when products should be deemed obsolete.
- Develops, implements, and measures results of product promotions.
- Collaborates with other functions and global locations to ensure global profitability of the product line.
- Recommends marketing process changes that will improve Value Package Introduction and Value Package Change processes.
- Develops work plans for Product Managers and Associate Product Managers to deliver product line results; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
• Managing Profitability - Understanding of the relative contributions of the multiple product lines in the business as well as the ability to develop and execute a product management plan that maximizes profitability of the business. If in a sales role, the person is capable of compiling and maintaining an account tracking document. This includes the capability to interrogate profitability results, product costs, et cetera and advise recommended actions.
• Market Analysis - Familiar with the primary competition in the market. Aware of regulatory, political, and other environmental pressures currently at work in the market(s) of interest.
• Product Knowledge - Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits to sell the products. Able to recognize customer needs and suggest product applications to solve problems and create benefits for the customer. Able to teach others to formulate effective messages and represent the features and benefits of the product.
• Market Positioning - Understands market positioning tools and can apply them. Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales, technical or related subject required. Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.