Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000SCV
Dell Global Support and Deployment (GSD) is a mature, profitable, multi-billion dollar business that is a key area of growth for Dell. Dell is committed to greatly increasing investment and revenue and Product Management will be a key contributor of the overall strategy for delivering on these revenue goals. To support the strong business growth, we are expanding our team. The Product management team is responsible for creating and enhancing services products (Support, Deployment, Consulting and Education) sold globally through a variety of channels including Dell.com, Dell sales, retail stores, and other partnerships. The Senior Product Manager is the voice of the customer and will be responsible for product strategy and management of a product from creation, launch to end-of-life.
* Profile market & customer needs to provide insights into planning process, from multiple sources: SBU sales/marketing teams, primary and secondary market research, customer interviews, industry analysts, and mining of internal customer data.
* Develop business cases for new concepts: opportunity size, financial impacts by BU, market share, cost of sales, profitability expectations. Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going, intimate knowledge of existing customers and non-customers (prospects and competitors).
* Develop GTM (go-to-market) plan to enable market adoption of the roadmap and work with all relevant teams to ensure execution. Target market prioritization, define sales motion, effective positioning and merchandising of product.
* Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve.
* Manage solutions roadmap lifecycle: inventory existing capabilities, rationalize offers, validate position in light of competitive changes, measure performance of launched offers and develop required growth or exit strategies
* 5 years experience in technology industry in Product Management, Marketing or relevant role.
* A premier communicator with exemplary writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
* Understand macro-business economics and be able to build actionable business plans and prioritize and categorize in complex and highly matrixed environments.
* Proven Leadership in a Fast-Paced, Dynamic Organization: A proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives. This individual will have the ability to coalesce varied constituents and drive to achieve superior results on a consistent basis.
* Business Building Orientation: He/she must possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define Services direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
* Team Player: The successful candidate must be a team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment. Must demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives. This person will be seen throughout the organization as a model of integrity and ethical behavior.
* MBA with 5 years’ experience, or Bachelor degree with 8 years’ experience
* Pragmatic Marketing certified preferred
**Job:** **Product Management*
**Organization:** **Global Services*
**Title:** *Product Manager*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000SCV*