This is an exciting time! Oracle has recently acquired Opower and is expanding our team and we are seeking a seasoned Product Manager to be a part of our software development team.
At Oracle/Opower, we know that by engaging utilities customers about their energy use, we can help them lower their bills and reduce energy usage. We are passionate about helping utilities and their customers move toward a clean energy future. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help lead our strategy and prioritization for web-based energy management software, working closely with some of our largest utility clients to shape and accelerate our product roadmap.
We're looking to hire someone who combines passion and experience for product development with a strong ability to work closely with software development teams and user experience designers. Our product managers are product owners and you'll have end-to-end ownership of your product space, and be responsible for strategy, execution, and go-to-market.
Location: Downtown San Francisco (flexible). Full-time position with full Oracle benefits. ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Own the vision and roadmap for energy management web software.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to understand the needs of our utility clients and drive adoption of our products.
- Work closely with UX designers to understand and articulate the needs of utilities customers and design products that will be adopted, understood, and easily used.
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives, and develop business plans, product plans, and success metrics to make the case for investment.
- Demonstrate outstanding product design and technical decisions.
- Deeply learn about and understand the technologies used at Opower.
- Review design documents and architecture, and participate in general technical discussions.
- Actively manage projects cross-functionally to ensure successful outcomes.
- Very limited (domestically, possibly internationally) travel maybe required (flexible)
We are seeking a seasoned Product Manager with:
- Extensive background in a software product management role, or related experience.
- Fantastic analytical skills; ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, think on your feet and generalize solutions.
- Managing or leading a team through various cycles of product management planning and implementation.
- Prior experience developing SaaS products and technologies desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for a wide variety of audiences.
- Agile background is a plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science or comparable professional experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.