FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
The mission of the Yield, Pricing & Planning squad is to help yield managers and sales to maximize the true yield of their scarce premium inventory. We are looking for a strong product leader with a technical background, good business sense, and an ability to partner closely with engineering, other product managers, user experience, services and revenue teams to deliver our next generation of Yield, Pricing and Planning solutions.
- Set product strategy and direction for FreeWheel's Yield, Pricing & Planning solutions.
- Own innovative solutions that are embraced by yield managers and sales, which include both the sophisticated algorithms/calculations on the backend as well as the front-end user interface.
- Develop, launch and maintain the entireproduct life cycle from ideation to market with the help of a cross-functional squadagainst established, prioritized business goals.
- Identify new product opportunities from industry challenges and perform market/competitive analysis within the yield pricing/planning spaceto inform product decisions and strategy.
- Holistically understand core business problems and use cases from clients, prospects, sales and support to invent efficient corresponding solutions.
- Quickly comprehend engineering explanations and mathematical equations of current forecasting algorithms to apply that information towards building user-friendly and value-providing features.
- Oversee Engineering's product development efforts using scrum agile methodologies, including product design and feature specifications, and ensure product built is functional, operational and meets requirements.
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success metrics of owned products, especially with each additional feature.
- Consistent exercise of independent sound judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Use limited resources effectively by justifying business cases for new products/features, prioritizing needs based on squad objectives and performing cost-benefit analyses.
- Maintain a general awareness and understanding of the advertising/media operations and cable TV/content-providers landscape, including vendors, partners, and new dynamic web-advertising technologies, especially within the yield space.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Position requires approximately 15% time for travel (domestic and international).
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally with 3+ years of experience in software development or product management in the web-advertising space.
- Strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills-comfortable with numbers and excited to solve problems that seem difficult at first glance.
- Experience with creating, executing and testing user-centric designs.
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written).
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects.
- Strong leadership skills with executive presence while being a solid team-player.
- Experience with machine learning, forecasting and/or big data analysis a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.