Manager of Product Development, Hotel Content and Payments Company Description
Positioned at the intersection of commerce and travel, American Express Global Business Travel offers its customers a comprehensive network, service dependability, and deep insight to help move people and businesses forward. American Express Global Business Travel provides leading travel solutions, integrated consulting services, proprietary research, and end-to-end meetings and events capabilities. These innovative offerings enable clients to optimize the return on their travel and meetings investments.
American Express Global Business Travel is part of one of the world's largest travel agency networks with locations in 140 countries worldwide.
As a new company that is ready to change the travel management world, we have an unprecedented opportunity to transform the landscape thanks to our relationship with American Express and to a new entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for talented, passionate, committed candidate to help propel our new organization forward and create technology solutions that excite our customers.Job Description
As the Manager of Product Development, Hotel Content Payments you will contribute to developing the company's hotel and payment products by defining core product and platform requirements, creating innovative solutions and managing the execution of the product roadmap. As a Product Manager you will define the product strategy, understand the market and competitive landscape and work with customers and internal stakeholders, including Technology, Supplier Relations & Revenue Management, Service Delivery and Operations, Client Sales, Marketing and others. Your goal is to respond to customer and market input and invent new features and experiences that enable GBT to provide the most competitive hotel and payment solutions in the marketplace.
Hotel Content refers to Bookable Inventory (Availability, Rates etc.) and Non Bookable Content (rich content, images and other description/digital assets; user generated content etc.).
You will be determining the latest technology and products in the market and assess how it could positively impact American Express Global Business Travel's business. You will be responsible for tactical or strategic roadmap projects as assigned to you. You will also provide subject matter expertise on how the latest technology and products in the market could positively impact GBT's business. You will be a domain expert in your product area and will act as an advisor to internal teams and senior management on transport content.
You will have a direct impact on how we service our customers. This role is critical to GBT's future growth and we're looking for outstanding and seasoned candidates.Responsibilities
- Shape hotel content and payments product strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and customer needs
- Define the product roadmap and user stories in collaboration with Business stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal engineering resources and key technology vendors on product delivery
- Ensure product releases are on time and budget and meet internal and external customer needs
- Communicate with management, senior executives and stakeholders on product direction, strategy and upcoming projects
- Advise internal teams on decisions and questions related hotel content and payments
- Responsible for both tactical and strategic product roadmap items as assigned to you
- Create and maintain product and process documentation on an ongoing basis
- Work effectively with cross functional teams
- Technology vendor relationship and issue resolution management
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with a solid track record of successful product delivery
- 3+ years of detailed knowledge of Hotel Content, Distribution, Revenue Management, Payment systems, workflows and processes
- Good understanding of technology and product development lifecycle, including experience with agile software development and prioritizing backlogs for engineers
- Proven ability to work effectively in a complex, diverse, global and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate the organization, collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders and overcome project barriers
- Technical and Business acumen is a must
- Familiarity with current travel distribution technologies and how these are evolving.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex, scalable systems
- Familiarity with travel management
- Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering desirable; an MBA is preferred
- Hotel operations or corporate experience is a plus
- GDS experience is a plus
- Non-GDS API experienced and knowledge a plus
- Travel e-Commerce experience and knowledge a plus (OLTA or OBT experience)
- Revenue Management experience is a plus
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .