At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC): WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
Wells Fargo’s Digital Experience Design team is looking for an Interaction Designer who has the passion, vision, and expertise to help evolve the customer experience for our 27 million online and mobile banking customers.
As an Interaction Designer you will:
- Act as a key player in the design execution process on projects, assuming responsibility for the overall interaction design strategy and execution.
- Collaborate with program, product, and project managers to gather requirements and integrate business objectives with customer needs.
- Determine and recommend the appropriate user-centered design methods, tools, deliverables, and milestones in order to design optimal solutions considering tablet, mobile, and desktop.
- Represent as the main interaction design point of contact with partners, escalating and resolving issues as necessary for both projects and larger platform initiatives.
- Ensure that solutions follow internal standards as well as industry best practices.
- Act as the primary interaction design representative lead from the visual design team to plan and execute a large sized project within a program.
- Often act as the lead of DXD project teams, assuming accountability for the overall strategy.
- Plan projects across multiple work streams.
- Design holistically and connect the dots between projects.
- Mentor other interaction designers and/or agencies on project process and design deliverables.
- Articulate interaction design activities and forecast with project team and producers.
- Design multiple options and articulate the pros and cons of each.
- Educate partners on design best practices.
- Become a subject matter expert in a specific platform/program.
- Identify gaps/opportunities in interaction design standards and guidelines.
- Act as a leader in the documentation of new design standards.
Location: San Francisco, CA or Charlotte, NC
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined WF. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- 5+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 8+ years of interaction design experience
- Agile experience
- Knowledge and understanding of digital technologies to include strong digital design sensibilities and familiarity with best practices for user-centered digital design
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business and technical teams
- Ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct diverse teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Content Management Systems
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Fireworks, or Webkit experience
- A BS/BA or higher in Human Factors or Interaction Design
- Experience using iRise to complete rapid prototyping
- End-to-end design experience including wireframes, prototypes and specifications documents
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in managing complex projects within larger organizations that have a mature user centered design methodology
- Experience with trends affecting digital interactive product design (e.g. mobile, responsive design, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of applying user research (e.g. task analysis, user scenarios) to inform design decisions
- Practical experience participating, optimizing and socializing user centered design processes and principles
- Understand the subjective nature of decision-making with internal clients, and work effectively as a consultant within a large, matrixed organization
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.