Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Customer Excellence team focuses on customer feedback and strives for operational excellence in order to strengthen our consumer-centric culture and optimize the customer experience.
The Customer Excellence team within Home Lending is looking for a seasoned team member to add to the Administration, Insights, and Measurement (AIM) team. In this role, the incumbent will partner and collaborate closely with other teams within Customer Excellence, Home Lending, Consumer Lending and the Enterprise to support the development and management of customer engagement/journey maps to highlight pain points and opportunities for the various segments of Home Lending Customers.
- Be accountable for the management of the overarching Customer Engagement Map that depicts the ideal end-to-end customer experience across multiple touchpoints and takes into consideration insights from Design Sessions, customer research, business processes and changes to business models. Leverage a strong understanding of consumer trends, technology trends, competitive experiences and best-in-class experiences to help shape the outcomes.
- Build and administer a governance process for the Engagement Map that provides for ongoing submission of possible changes and proper approvals (e.g. similar to process administered around the Technology Roadmap).
- Responsible for building and managing a “data-base” of all future capabilities (technology and non-technology oriented future customer engagement capabilities) as identified through the Engagement Map and help guide/influence prioritization of needed capabilities.
- Leverage a strong understanding of consumer trends, technology trends, competitive experiences and best-in-class experiences to help shape the outcomes of the Design Sessions and future iterations of the Engagement Map.
- Partner to identify opportunities to repair, enhance and innovate customer experiences.
- Link the Engagement Map work back to the Customer Experience Dashboard to ensure we are measuring and monitoring Wells Fargo performance against critical to customer moments and partner to monitor KPIs.
- Provide possible oversight to the Customer Experience Dashboard that links together cross line of business metrics to measure customer satisfaction with their experience to our ultimate desired business benefits of customer recapture and advocacy.
- Flexibility to assume other assignments across the team as needed such as the development of executive presentations.
- Partner with research and/or possibly synthesize existing insights to help the inform customer centric design process.
- 6+ years of product management experience, product development experience, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4 plus years of experience with Customer Journey Mapping and/or managing a customer experience program or management of a customer engagement process.
- Experience creating diagrams that illustrate the steps customers go through in engaging with a company, whether it be a product, an online experience, retail experience, or a service.
- Ability to prioritize opportunities for improvement with clear benefit/cost model considerations.
- Passion for driving change and taking on big challenges.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to streamline diverse perspectives
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both management and staff level employees.
- Demonstrated high proficiency using MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Demonstrated high proficiency using Journey Mapping software or Adobe InDesign.
- Solid creative thinking and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to shift priorities as work flow/volume dictates
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience working productively in an environment where work processes frequently change
- Knowledge and understanding of home lending or consumer lending
- BS/BA degree
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate clearly and succinctly.
- Highly organized and action-oriented, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions when faced with ambiguity.
- Experience in secondary research
- Experience in Human Centered Design
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.