1. 3+ years in a functional role(BA, QA, Project Mgt) working within a software development team to gather requirements and prioritize work
2. 1+ year working in an Agile environment as a Product Owner or Product Manager as part of scrum team and being responsible for root cause analysis and solution decision making
3. 1+ year of Agile Backlog Management experience in a SW or web development environment
As a Product Manager, this person will be responsible and "own" the core functionality of the consumer facing website. This person will work as part of 3 person team which consists of the Direct and a Senior PM who are focused on the long term strategic plan. They will be embedded in a scrum team that consists of 3-4developers and a UX resource. They will be responsible for both discovery and gathering requirements as well as delivery. There primary responsibility will be managing the backlog of work items. They are looking for someone who can prioritize these issues, help identify the root cause and come up with solutions.
Reporting to the Website Product Director, the Product Manager is a member of the jobs product team and focused on discovery and delivery for consumer facing marketplace website products.
The Product Manager is a critical position accountable for helping to fulfill our mission of empowering employment through products that delight and engage users and partners. The candidate must enjoy working both independently and in team settings in a fast paced environment, and be willing to acquire technical expertise in the solution. Additionally, the candidate must be highly motivated, organized, adaptable, and possess excellent accountable leadership skills.
* Become recognized as an expert on the marketplace and user needs for consumer facing products by seeking out deep business and technical knowledge.
* Lead go-to-market activities including communication plans, cross-team coordination, testing, and measurement.
* Recommend and shape conceptual ideas into finished products.
* Make decisions based on top-down judgment driven evaluations and bottom-up analysis of facts, data, and validated hypotheses.
* Partner with UX on user driven design experience.
* Serve as product owner within agile scrum team working in close partnership with engineers.
* Collaborate with SEO, marketing, and client side partners.
* Adapt quickly to rapidly transforming market landscape and business strategies.
* Perform technical and business analysis as required.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships across the organization.
* Provide visibility and status on active projects on a regular basis to upper management and other stakeholders.
* Create product roadmaps, user stories, release notes, presentations, and other product related documentation.
* Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team with full understanding of time/cost/scope impacts
* Unconstrained willingness to join in with colleagues to complete tasks when necessary
* Identify appropriate KPIs and measure product performance.
Qualifications & Experience
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or a combination of education and experience relevant to position.
* Minimum 3 years' experience working in software or web development teams in a functional role
* Minimum 1 year IT product management experience preferred
* Experience with Dual Track Agile and Lean methodologies desired
* Experience managing backlogs needed.
* Website product experience is preferred
* Experience making evidence-based decisions that meet organizational objectives
* Experience managing technical product backlogs
* Experience working in the following technologies:
o Expert knowledge of MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
o Agile backlog management tools
o SQL database query language
o Google Analytics, Tableau, AWS, Hadoop a plus
o Familiarity with legacy monolithic architectures, distributed micro-services in the cloud, web development practices
* Available to travel domestically occasionally (up to 5%)
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.