GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This position is accountable for competitiveness of the products in terms of features, functionality and quality. The person in this role will provide strategic direction for products in the Ambulatory Practice Solutions business within the GE Healthcare product portfolio, focusing on the specific business and clinical needs of the providers and their clinical teams.
This person will bring deep understanding of customer and market needs to the GE teams. They will be the source of decisions around product vision, strategy, roadmap, and tactical choices through product development. They will work directly with the other product management and development teams in providing necessary input to engineering on product requirements and design. And they will evangelize for the product with customers, commercial teams, and other connected teams throughout GE.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Ensuring customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the "voice of the customer" is reflected in work processes.
• Close collaboration with marketing to translate practice needs, market analysis, competitive analysis, and regulatory environment factors into actionable strategies and tactics for the product.
• Partner with internal and external domain experts to highlight emerging practice trends and product/content needs of the customer.
• Conducting product research to further understand the competitive profile for the segment locally and worldwide (where applicable) and opportunities for growth.
• Working with product teams, marketing, engineering, and services to create long-term product roadmaps, requirements, and business plans.
• Driving product portfolio to meet the needs of the market. Responsible for strategy and execution of the product roadmaps and new product introductions.
• Establish tradeoffs between internal development and business partnership activities with strategic partners-including contract negotiations and maintenance, product changes, forecasting and financials.
• Coordinating the needs across a multi-functional organization, including marketing, sales, operations, engineering, and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements.
• Evangelize for the product by presenting to customers and users groups; represent the product at trade shows and with media; sell product roadmap internally; participate in winning large deals; provide sales training, and generate enthusiasm for the product.
• Create a team environment that encourages innovation.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration, healthcare or related field
2. 3+ years' experience in product management, product development, or related field including workflow experience with similar products in the healthcare industry.
3. Excellent oral and written communications skills
4. Strong analytical and process skills
5. Strong project management skills
6. Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
1. MBA or Master's degree in Product Management, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
2. Degree in Medical Informatics
3. Degree and practice in a clinical discipline
4. 5+ years' experience in product management, product development or related field.
5. Deep Product Management/Marketing expertise, including: market trends/analysis, NPI process, product roadmap development, requirements, product life-cycle management,
6. Healthcare product, Electronic Medical Record industry/technical acumen
7. Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
8. Innovation - develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
9. Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
10. Proven ability to work globally
11. Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers.
Locations: United States; Washington; Seattle
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.