Oracle is seeking a talented and motivated Product Manager to drive the platform for a new SaaS offering in Oracle's flagship Fusion Cloud (www.cloud.oracle.com). This role will be a leading contributor on a team responsible for planning and executing the integration of multiple SaaS services into a seamless offering ecosystem that provide customers rich functionality and a consistent experience. Crucial customer and product lifecycle management objectives must be set and managed across product engineering, operations, provisioning, technical support, compliance, pricing, and metrics. You will build bridges between functional groups and steer product to scale up to the largest customer environments. You must have a passion for operational excellence and solving hard problems. You must have demonstrated experience influencing others and bringing the customer voice to reach desired outcomes. As this role works with a variety of products, experience with both Agile and Waterfall methods is important. This position is located in San Francisco, California, U.S
The Product Manager is expected to:
Define the service strategy and roadmap for the Cloud Product and Customer Life Cycle Management (LCM)
• Focus on the ecosystem of cloud services that closely integrate to form a seamless enterprise customer offering
• Talk to internal delivery teams and customers on a daily basis to understand user personas and use cases and to refine product requirements
• Work closely with the Operations team to refine and adapt service offerings and gather technical requirements
• Deliver clearly written requirements to Engineering with prioritized features and corresponding user stories with market and or operational excellence context
• Work in partnership with Product Management, Engineering and Operations to manage content and delivery of product releases
• Evangelize the service for this Cloud LCM solution to our customers, prospects, and the internal community
• Routinely resolves conflicts between scope, time-to-market and resources with cross-functional team - without needing to escalate for resolution
• Perform product demos, sales training and executive briefings with professional presentation skills
• Analyze, synthesize and communicate customer success/failure when prioritizing product enhancement roadmap items
• Work with the Product Marketing team to help define product & service positioning, packaging and pricing
• Assist with technology assessments, product performance evaluations, and operational metrics that provide criteria for go/no-go decisions
• Build and manage relationships with key operations and engineering personnel, and customers
• Manage multiple projects and initiatives at one time
• Report weekly on activities, initiatives and results
• Bring great ideas, enthusiasm, and accountability to the job every day
• Act as a leader within the company and as a respected team member
Required experience and knowledge:
• 5 years Product Management experience
• Strong experience and technical knowledge around Cloud and SaaS platforms, multi-tenancy, security, scalability, and platform architecture
• Strong experience in B2B enterprise software and IT technology
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products and/or services
• Demonstrated experience in the service management or IT Operations management industry
• Strong understanding of technology and ability to present technical information on both a technical level and a business level.
• Experience in Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
• Excellent problem solving and technical writing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Keen attention to detail
• A true team player attitude with a desire to collaborate and share knowledge
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Must be able to travel approximately 25% of the time
• Highly motivated, creative and results driven
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.