Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Job Description Product Manager - Core Financials
Our Product Management team is growing and we are seeking a Product Manager - Core Financials, who has a solid understanding of accounting and core financial enterprise business applications.
Are you an accountant, a product manager, financial consultant or product subject matter expert who understands complex accounting principles, financial terms and transactions? Have you been responsible for application design and gathering business requirements? Are you a team player who is passionate about building software products that excite users? Software that requires minimal training and is very user friendly without sacrificing functionality and compliance.
We want your perspectives and fresh ideas to contribute to our next generation accounting product!
When you join Workday as a Product Manager, you will gain in depth knowledge of our applications, product development methodology and processes through formal and informal training to become the owner of the functional application design for your domain. You will combine your functional and systems knowledge to analyze customer business processes, their system environment and gather business requirements to produce business requirement documentation. You will collaborate internally to turn these requirements into next-generation business applications. We utilize agile development methodologies and you will be the voice of the product management team to ensure that the product you intend to build, gets delivered. Additionally, you will research requirements, create presentations and demos on new functionality, and build your product strategy and road map by identifying trends and incorporating compliance standards.
If you are
- Solutions and customer success oriented
- A product manager, consultant, or subject matter expert
- A fast learner, detail oriented, decisive, and enjoy fast paced work environments
- An initiative taker, early adopter, technology enthusiast
- A good communicator and collaborator
- Can influence without direct authority
If you have
- Passion and ideas for how to build better financial enterprise business applications
- 5-8 years experience as a product owner, enterprise financials product-, program-, or project manager, or consultant
- Liaised with developers to ensure the customers requirements translate into the right end-product
- Work experience across AP, AR, GL and Close as part of a corporate finance or accounting team, or certifications such as a CMA (Certified Management Accountant) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- BS / BA, MS / MA degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with government accounting, as an accountant and/or a degree in accounting is a plus
Please apply and join the revolution of cloud based, user friendly enterprise software systems of tomorrow!
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.